Old August 28th 12, 05:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Roy[_2_]

Default What do you collect?

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:27:28 -0700, Billns wrote:

Sorry for the length, but there are few precancel collectors, and thought I
should explain some of the terms.

Good to hear about your precancel efforts. I've created some blank album
pages for precancels. It's very easy to do as almost all the stamps are
the same size. But I'm nowhere near 2800 pages...

Bill

Glad to meet another precancel collector.

I made several albums for T&T one year for the states I was most interested in,
and agree it can be done, and has been done by many collectors over the years.
I spent way too many hours typing in all the info once a page design was set.
The PSS pages saved me making over 40 albums and updating the rest, and the page
layout is much nicer than the layout I used. My wife printed the pages on 80 lb
acid free card stock and they came out very nice. Check out the album for your
favorite state:

http://www.precancels.com/free-albums/

I still use several different specialty pages I made for my general collections.
Those are posted in the files section of the precancel email list on Yahoo,
along with a couple other folks contributions. You have to join the group to
get access to the files. There is a link to the discussion group on the PSS
site.

Anybody feel free to post here if you ever find a source for decent peelable
hinges like the old Dennisons. Please, please, please!

Roy