Old March 9th 04, 05:07 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:51:01 GMT, "Keith Fletcher"
wrote:

OK, Bob Chambers finally showed me a coin I drooled over. 1797 Bust Dollar
PCGS XF40 with a super strike and uniform gold toning. Very lovely.

$15,000, FYI.

Fifteen grand for a skinny pigeon of an eagle? g It's interesting
though seeing what makes others drool, and I can see how this coin
would do this. But for me it's not rarity. And I can't get excited
over some obscure variety that you need a magnifying glass to see. I
don't see the point either of spending big for ultrahigh grades of
recent coins for Registry Set "prestige." Completing a set just to
complete it is a yawn. To me it's history combined with beauty. But to
each his own, of course. Once you buy this 1797 you should send an
image to John's RCC Favorites site. g

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Coin Collecting: Consumer Protection Guide:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Glomming: Coin Connoisseurship: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Bogos: Counterfeit Coins: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos