Old February 2nd 05, 06:41 AM
Don McC

Ron B. writes:

Have you figured out why nothing was issued for #426, #587, and #588?

Two variations of # 463 exist. The Braves team variation should have
been # 426.

# 587 & 588 must have been a numbering foul-up because the All-Star
subset is complete. Missing cards in other sets were due to contract
problems that Topps had with players such as Maury Wills and Stan
Musial. 1958 card # 145 does not exist; it was probably Ed Bouchee
who was arrested on a morals charge.

My prime collecting years were 1952-57, both Bowman and Topps.
I'm currently working on the '55 Bowman and need nine more.
I got back into the hobby in 1973 while cards were still cheap
and have a complete run of Topps regular sets.

I busted packs and traded for my wants until 1985 when no one would
trade an Eric Davis rookie. I've bought the sets since then and have
an extra Davis rookie on my bulletin board under an old "Sports
Collectors Digest" headline: "How many Eric Davis rookie cards
does a 'true' collector really need? Paid 25¢ for that once $18 card.

Don