Old September 16th 13, 10:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Q: The Condition of this S/S?

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message
Taking into consideration that scanning techniques weren't necessarily my
priority when asking the question found in the subject line, I don't lose
hope of learning more about the flaws and the grading of this S/S.

I can't help with the issue as I don't collect that area, but as you
-=did=- mention a scanning problem, I thought some information might
be of use. As with you usually, that apparently was a waste!

I don't see what should I have done to please you more, Sir F.A. Rien!
Eventually reread what I wrote:

"Thanks for the suggestion.

Here are the results with the only black card that I found in my newer
environment:

http://www.artonstamps.org/topicals/...eet-face-1.pdf
http://www.artonstamps.org/topicals/...eet-back-1.pdf

It is probably better, even if somehow darker than on the first scans: "

It took some time to do all this but I considered that it was worth a try. I
haven't changed my mind since.

As for my basic question, it was and still is addressed to the ng as a
whole. With so few participants, it doesn't take me wonder that there are
less answers than in the past but it was worth a try too, for at least
refreshing a bit the list of postings.

Finally, I'd like to thank you personally for your contributions, that help
to hold this ng alive.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/