Old January 5th 05, 11:00 PM
Bruce H (BoxTurtle)

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:00:24 -0500, Alan Williams
is alleged to have written:
"Byron L. Reed" wrote:

Just when you think you've seen it all . . . .

Frankly, I've seen enough. A filing in a Federal court that names *me*
as a defendant as a *member of RCC* a field that includes just about
anyone with an ISP.

Not ONE comment offered as a causible action is attributed to me.

I am accused of instigating and/or participating in a boycott of the
defendant's sales???

Horsecrap of a major dimension. The only time I ever bid on an ACG
auction I was rejected by eBAY as a "Blocked Bidder". How in hell can I
be guilty of restraint of trade when the *seller* rejected by bid on his
offer *with no prior history of interaction*?

I believe an action for defamation is probably my best response to this information.

Alan
'as if '

Maybe one of our lawyers can help out, but I think this is the first
time a usenet newsgroup has been named as an entity in a lawsuit. I
can't find any referent in Lexis, but I'm not the most talented lexis
searcher.

I note that I'm not listed directly as a defendent, but I'm quoted
further on. And I'm mentioned as a one of the people RCC is "headed
up" by. I never knew I was in charge...lucky for you folks, I'd have
stood a number of people in corners at various times if I had known.
Now that I know that, there's gonna be some changes. :-)

Bruce (Geez, I hope RCC has enough corners)
* *
*ANA R162074 *
*EAC3606 *
* *
*To email me, remember that RoadRunner and *
*Coyote do not mix. *