Old November 18th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Sticking Hawid mounts

A.J Todd wrote:
Sorry, another basic question...

How does one use and stick Hawid mounts or similar, a really
idiot/dummy/newbie guide is definitely required, a site will do.

TIA

I have used many Hawid mounts and my experience has taught me to aviod
them like the plague.
In order to do a decent job you must have a mount cutter, use carefully
to get a nice square cut.
Then you must use a Hawid glue pen to seal the top. Here is where the
problem lies. If you are not very, very careful you will get the glue
pen adhesieve on the edge of the stamp creating a boo-boo.
If you do not seal the top the stamps will not stay in place and may
even fall out of the mount.
I never lick-and-stick the mounts, this makes the mount permanently
affixed to the paper.
I use UHU glue. Warning, only use one light swipe so as not to disturb
the mount glue. The mount will adhere snugly to the paper and when
thoroughly dry you can slide a pair of tongs under the mount and it
will pop off with little or no damage to the paper.

Ralphael, the OLD one