Old May 27th 05, 11:08 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Fri, 27 May 2005 20:44:43 GMT, Ian
wrote:

Michael, you obviously wish our small community to embrace your brand of
numismatic evangelism as if it were the one true path.

Evangelism is the word, all write. And sanctimonious, hypocritical,
puritanical ... what else have I missed? Phil, help me out here.

As I've said before, this all is a very curious phenomenon in
numismatics, this demand that others behave according to the strictest
interpretations of all laws and codes of conduct. It has to do, I
believe, with the deception that's always been a part of the world of
numismatics and the larger world of money. And when you combine it
with the behavior of the people who are making these demands, behavior
that's often far less than ethical, the phenomenon becomes even more
curious.

I hasten to add that I have a growing collection of fakes / replicas /
and counterfeits (some marked, some not). So far, it has not entailed me
having to sleep with dogs, and I can happily report that I remain in a
flea free zone.

Whoever came up with the proverb about sleeping with dogs never owned
one. g

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer: