Old July 28th 16, 04:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default Illegal Stamps in Exhibits at the New York 2016 World Stamp Show

Sorry, but you don't write about the same issues I did.
Miss d'Point, the problem has existed in various forms for well over
a century.

" The APS was appalled, and created the “black blot” program. The society
published a monthly magazine for members, and began to include a list of new
stamp issues that were judged to be overpriced or unnecessary."

"Around 1970" ... Yawn - they came about 75 years AFTER the GB
publications initiated that!

As always with the APS, much too little, far too late!

I gave you a hint in mentioning "Seebeck"

"Illegal stamps are postage stamp-like labels issued in the names of
existing independent countries or territories used to defraud postal
administrations, stamp collectors, and the general public. Often, but not
always, a member nation of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) will have asked
the UPU to issue of an "International Bureau Circular" advising others of
the illegal stamps."

Only one of many schemes to "defraud postal administrations, stamp
collectors, and the general public." Especially stamp collectors!

What about the 'reproductions' that are fooling many younger
collectors - promoted BY the Postal 'Authorities' ????

Victor Manta, PWO