Old March 18th 09, 01:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
bowcan

Default Next Mont Blanc?

"Ed" wrote in message
I finally purchased a Mont Blanc after all these years of trying other
pens. In my opinion, it really is something special. I got the
Chopin model. Now I am thinking of getting another one later this
year. Any suggestions? I want to keep the price out of the
stratosphere, but would be willing to spend a few hundred dollars and
maybe up to 5 or 6 hundred.

Thanks-
Ed

Apologies if I tag along, but I too am considering a MB-- albeit a
'vintage' one.

Anyone know much about the 264? I like the looks of it because of nib &
screw on cap.

What I *don't* know is if these were made of celluloid or the dreaded
'precious resin' : 0 !

Also, I see quite a few 042G "Monte Rosa's" out there-- maybe too many.

Something about this model that would make collectors shy away from them?

thx

--Bruce