Old February 11th 12, 05:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

On Feb 10, 3:13*pm, Toke Nørby wrote:
oly wrote:

...snip

RAM means "Royal Australian Mint" and NCLT means "non-circulating
legal tender" (i.e., collectors-only coin issues which never end up in
people's pockets actually being used as money).

Thanks!

There are no living stamp collectors remaining here in America. *They
all committed suicide many years ago when the stupidity of their hobby
(finally) became apparent and they realized that they had lost over
85% of their invested money.

:-)
Well, I think that some may have survived. Depending on what you
collect some stamps are still very expensive even the tendency is that
the prices are decreasing.

Collect gold and silver coins.

Oh yes, and isn't funny - these strange coin/token covers are getting
more and more expensive because of the silver so they will be worth
collecting now!.

I have never _invested_ my money in stamps - I have bought some nice
stamps and am still happy with them - I don't think of the actual
value at all. I don't have a Krügerrand but if I had I would probably
sell if and buy some stamps and postpone my own suicide ;-)

Mvh
Toke
--

Læs om "Skivearket" og "Skibsgrisens Flugt"
eller om Klasselotteriets inspektører 1753-2010:http://norbyhus.dk/

Proof that stamp collecting is dead???

When I go to the Super Walmart on South Sixth Street here in the
Patch, they sell three monthly magazines about coin collecting.

They also have for sale three magazines about "Stamps".

All three are about using rubber stamps to make decorative greeting
cards and other related paraphernalia to make small decorative
papers. In other words, "craft" magazines. NO PHILATELY.

Nobody collects stamps anymore.

Collect coins, historic or modern, and make certain that most of your
purchases have some gold or silver in them too.

oly