Old January 5th 04, 04:02 AM
William M. Klimon

In article , John A. Stovall
wrote:

I've bought collections in the past but now I have the opportunity to
by a book store in the town where I work. It is a general used
bookstore. The present owner a University professor (not at mine but
one 70 miles away) and his wife have run it for 7 years but only
opened it 3 days a week and closed it all summer. I don't plan to
quit my day job but have a wife to run it and the building is included
with the stock of some 40,000+ volumes (80/20 hb/pb). The store has
never listed on line.

What questions should I be asking and considering when thinking about
this possible purchase?

So, John, what was the verdict? I thought seriously 3-4 years ago about
opening a store--or a book nook in a tea house. Glad I didn't do it, but a
part of me regrets it.

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com