Old February 19th 05, 12:16 AM
Poodlebutt

You know, actually, in six-seven years of heavy duty dealings with a
great many folks out there with 8 tracks on the net, I have had
relatively few problems.

I do have a classic letter from a woman I was getting carts from off
Ebay. She lived in a rural area with her husband, and sent me and my
(now ex-)wife a 4 page letter about 4 years ago. Started off normal on
the first page (how are you, how did you like the last batch, did they
work OK, etc., etc.). Then, as soon as you turned the page, "HELP I AM
AN AMPUTEE BECAUSE MY HUSBAND KEEPS ME LOCKED UP HERE, I HAVEN'T SEEN
ANYONE IN MONTHS, THE WHOLE TOWN THINKS I'M CRAZY, MY HUSBAND WORSHIPS
SATAN AND HATES GOD AND BRINGS HIS BOYFRIEND HOME TO FLAUNT IN MY FACE.
PLEASE SEND HELP ASAP SOS SOS SOS"

Parese was a prick, but he never burned me; I just got self-righteous
when I noticed him burning other folks and wound up giving him the
scorch deluxe over the long haul. He had a habit of bidding on more
than he could afford, so on about 1 of every 10 wins for a while, he'd
just refuse to pay or else he'd bounce a check. I actually owe him a
favor, he garnered my notice after he decided not to pay for a Beatles
double "Meet The..../Early Beatles" in a Lear Jet flat-pak shell, which
I happily scooped up on the relist. [Go look on the Beatles 8 track
discography sites--they are good, they are informative, and they are
thorough, but one thing you will not see is a Lear Jet Flat-pak "Meet
The..../Early Beatles.]

Anyway, Parese was such an idiot, he would always routinely bid even,
rounded amounts.......like his max would be $20, or $40, or $50, or
$100......never $67.43 or some unpredictable amount. So once I was on
to him, I would bid up everything he was bidding on to within an inch
of his max, leaving him stuck with all this **** to pay for that he
otherwise would have gotten for half the price. And the mother****er
was so goddamn stupid, that all he did was whine about it. "Please stop
harassing me blah blah blah." Never changed his wholly predictable
pattern of bidding. Never started running in a zig-zag pattern like
you're supposed to do when you're getting shot at.

No exaggeration, I bet I cost that dumb SOB $1000.00 before I got bored
of it.