Old May 29th 05, 06:23 AM
Scott Stevenson

On Sat, 28 May 2005 23:42:57 -0400, Padraic Brown
wrote:

On Sat, 28 May 2005 22:47:18 GMT, "Fred Shecter"
wrote:

* They looked at weaning folks off the $1 bill by flooding the USA with $2
bills, but they may just stop printing Twos and use the $5 bill and the
Golden Dollar Coins.

Well, we all here know that "weaning" doesn't work. Didn't work in
1979 nor in 2000. This is one instance where cold turkey is the only
feasable way.

On the other hand, they WOULD have to flood America with nasty Dead
Presidents...

I am reminded of the old maxim: 'Be careful what you wish for'. With
the exception of the "dollar coins are too heavy to carry" fogeys,
almost everyone here (me incl.) has wished they would be rid of the
rag dollar in favour of the coin. Looks like we're going to get just
that, only with Willam Harrison's mug on in stead of some more
attractive Liberty.

Who was William Harrison? The US president whose ONLY claims to fame
are 1)longest inaugural speech, 2) shortest term in office (hint: the
two are almost the same length), 3) will have his mug on a dollar
coin.

He was also the oldest president at his inaguration (until Reagan),
he was the grandfather of a future president (Benjamin Harrison). He
was also a former general, made famous by the battle of Tippecanoe..

take care,
Scott
"...when I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash..."