Old June 3rd 08, 11:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

Default Change in pen behavior over one writing session?

On 2008-06-03, Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
JimL wrote:

1. With longer writing, you are pressing down more, softening the
flex nib, making the tines separate more.

2. With longer writing, your hand is transferring warmth to the
ink,making it flo more easily.

3. WIth longer writing, you are picking up more paper crap into your
nib.

To me, only (3) sounds like a genuine physical phenomenon. I don't think
that a spring can "soften" during use, then recover. And if (2) were
occurring, then it seems like

Is 1 even possible...must get out my metalurgy book later...