Old July 7th 08, 06:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Advice

On Jul 7, 1:48*pm, wrote:
On Jul 7, 12:07*pm, pennyarcadecollector
wrote:

On Jul 7, 7:14*am, wrote:

Hello,
I'm a newbie to jukeboxes but a longtime EM pinball guy. I want to
pick up a machine that plays 45's to restore for my home arcade and
need advice from experts on what maker and model would be a good
direction. I also understand vacuum tubes (I'm 50 and helped my Dad
repair our TV's when I was a kid). I'd like a machine anywhere from
the 50's to 70's that is not overly complicated to repair and is
reliable once I'm done with it. Also wouldn't mind being able to see
the records playing but not a requirement. I guess it would be nice
too if parts were readily available and not overly expensive. Oh, and
it would be good if it could go down some basement stairs that make a
180 degree turn.

I realize I've just thrown out a really broad range and I'm even
laughing at myself for what I've put down. So feel free to laugh at me
too. Definitely shows my lack of education on jukeboxes.

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Well, couple of ?s back at you.......
Do you want mono, hifi or stereo - depending on what type of 45s you
have a preference for.....
How much space do you have to manuver with going down that flight of
stairs and around that 180 turn?
If you haven't already, you might try these two sights:www.tomszone.com**- * This site is good for dimensions and weights
on the jukeboxeswww.pinballrebel.com**- * You have probably been here, but this is a
great reference site for pictures of jukeboxes and maybe this would
help narrow it down some, but it would seem the staircase might be an
issue that needs some attention.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the speedy reply. I hadn't had my coffee when I first
posted - duh. It's only a 90 degree turn and the landing is 38x38. I
will measure to see what will fit. I know the cabs that are more
vertical will do fine but the horizontal ones might be a squeeze. I'll
make up a cardboard simulator to see what fits.- Hide quoted text -

Obviously still not enough coffee. I don't care whether it's mono,
HiFi or stereo.