Old January 30th 05, 06:45 AM

John Pelan wrote:

I do find it hard to believe that any book
worth doing 100 copies of isn't worth doing 300-500, and once you hit
that number, conventional printing is going to be more

cost-effective.

POD remains the easy answer for people whose entire concept of
marketing is putting up a website and hoping that customers stumble
across it.

Well, it is worth pointing out that Chaosium had a number of its early
Cthulhu Cycle Books printed by Lightning Source, which is a major POD
printing service started by Ingram, a major book distributor. I can
only verify that five of the first nine books were printed using
Lightning Source, but most likely the other four were as well. I do
not dispute the truth of your last statement, but apparently Chaosium
is an example of the kind of professional publishing firm that would
use POD services.

Kevin L. O'Brien