Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stan
Forum: General Discussion October 14th 11, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By Stan
Cleveland, Ohio Show, October 29-30

Cuy-LorPex 2011, the 53rd annual philatelic show and bourse sponsored
by the Cuy-Lor Stamp Club, will take place October 29 & 30. It will
be at the same great site as last year, the Rocky River...
Forum: General Discussion April 17th 11, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Stan
Hong Kong 1876 perf question

Thanks. To summarize the postings to date about an 1876 Hong Kong
Queen Victoria 18c surcharged 16c and perf 12.5:

1. Not shown in SG either. All the early Victorias are p14, with the
exception of...
Forum: General Discussion April 17th 11, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Stan
Hong Kong 1876 perf question

A friend has raised a question that other readers of rcsd probably can
answer. Any and all help would be appreciated. The stamp in question
is shown at:

http://cjoint.com/?ADrbo9QgQ5t

Here's...
Forum: General Discussion March 15th 11, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By Stan
Monaco on French Colony.

On Mar 15, 6:44*am, "rod222" wrote:
A query from a colleague

This stamp is France 1879 25c. The pmk is 18 nov 1883 Monaco. The CV as
French single is about 3 Eur used....
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 11, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Stan
Russia : Large Format 4 kopek ID please:

On Feb 22, 8:32*am, "rod222" wrote:
Thank you Stan,
I have logged your response,
Everyone is stumped so far,
I don't have a great knowledge of Russia,
I am awaiting...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 11, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Stan
Russia : Large Format 4 kopek ID please:

On Feb 21, 8:18*pm, "rod222" wrote:
A backside view of the owner's stamp
just in case if offers a clue.
He has since washed it off.

Forum: General Discussion January 24th 11, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Stan
Sage and Hungary

On Jan 24, 8:22*am, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
On Jan 23, 11:30*am, Stan wrote:

On Jan 23, 8:45*am, "rod allan" ...
Forum: General Discussion January 23rd 11, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Stan
Sage and Hungary

On Jan 23, 8:45*am, "rod allan" wrote:
All praise to Nigel c from UK

I've seen this one before on a GB stamp. It's a mark of the Magyar Kir.
Adria Company, a...
Forum: General Discussion January 20th 11, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By Stan
Sage-issue with anchor and Hungarian crown

A fellow collector asked what I knew about the "cancel" shown on the
two Sage-issue (Scott's Peace and Commerce issue) in this link:

http://cjoint.com/?0burcZuGjys

My response was that I didn't...
Forum: General Discussion December 18th 10, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Stan
Stamp Shows in the Cleveland, Ohio Area?

On Dec 17, 8:02�pm, "Nick Knight" wrote:
In , on 12/17/2010
� �at 01:27 PM, Billns said:

A Google search...
Forum: General Discussion November 5th 10, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Stan
France 1864 cover to Lisbon

On Nov 4, 12:22*pm, vals59 wrote:
Hi Stan,

Reading the " French postage rates " and hoping not to make a mistake,
sending a letter by Spain towards Portugal...
Forum: General Discussion October 31st 10, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Stan
France 1864 cover to Lisbon

A friend and I are puzzling over a pair of covers from France to
Portugal in the early 1860s. Maury lists a 60 centimes rate to
Portugal on a “batiment de commerce,” which I interpret to be a...
Forum: Marketplace October 16th 10, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Stan
Cleveland, OH area stamp show

Cuy-LorPex 2010, the 52nd annual philatelic show and bourse sponsored
by the Cuy-Lor Stamp Club, will take place October 30 & 31 at its new
site, the Rocky River Civic Center’s Memorial Hall, 21016...
Forum: General Discussion October 16th 10, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Stan
Charter in WordPerfect or Word

Jon Bell kindly posted the RCSD and RCSM charters recently. I did a
copy-and-paste to put them into WordPerfect format, which can also be
saved as Word. If any users would like either one, please...
Forum: General Discussion September 22nd 10, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Stan
Sassone 128a

On Sep 21, 4:46*pm, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Stan found these unused words:

Sassone lists the 25 centisimi of the 1922 Mazzini issue as existing
Forum: General Discussion September 21st 10, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Stan
Sassone 128a

Sassone lists the 25 centisimi of the 1922 Mazzini issue as existing
with a deformed E in Cent. (Sassone 128a, Scott 140.) For those
Sassone users amongst us, is the deformation shown...
Forum: General Discussion September 1st 10, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 27
Posted By Stan
Collection software

On Aug 31, 2:37*pm, Don Levey wrote:
It occurred to me that I might want to consider some sort of software
solution to keeping track of my collection. *[snip]
I thought...
Forum: General Discussion July 9th 10, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Stan
1870-71 Alsace-Lorraine cover analysis

--[]snip]--

Thanks to all. The SPAL site (thanks Sir F. A. Rien)! has lists of
sales and prices, prices that suggest that the estimates given in
response to my question are reasonable. A search of...
Forum: General Discussion July 7th 10, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Stan
1870-71 Alsace-Lorraine cover analysis

Are there any reference works that would help establish a price for
the 1870-71 Alsace-Lorraine occupation cover? If so, what are they?

http://cjoint.com/?hiaAK1HoYt

"Price" could be either...
Forum: General Discussion June 14th 10, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Stan
sc.-20 or sc.-33 ??

On Jun 13, 11:20*pm, (Jerry - OHIO) wrote:
*Hi, I have a Great Britton stamp that was given to my daughter from her
Great Grand Dad . He is no longer with us and she was...
Forum: General Discussion June 4th 10, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Stan
Faulty Stamps

On Jun 3, 8:03*pm, Art wrote:
Hi,

* * *Do many collectors in this group save faulty stamps as place
holders until a perfect copy comes along? Or do they leave empty
Forum: General Discussion May 1st 10, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Stan
_ _ _ DAMNOT CDS

On Apr 27, 6:39*pm, Stan wrote:
Looking for help in reading a cancellation on a French Colonies
general issue used in Cochin China. *. . . The town name seems to be nine
Forum: General Discussion April 28th 10, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Stan
_ _ _ DAMNOT CDS

Hi Stan:

One of my posts has not appeared so I am reposting my summary of it.

I would propose: THU DAU MOT (Vietnamese spelling not French)
It is 20 km N of Ho Chi Minh city on the Saigon...
Forum: General Discussion April 28th 10, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Stan
_ _ _ DAMNOT CDS

On Apr 28, 2:32*pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
On Apr 27, 6:39*pm, Stan wrote:

Looking for help in reading a cancellation on a French Colonies
Forum: General Discussion April 27th 10, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Stan
_ _ _ DAMNOT CDS

Looking for help in reading a cancellation on a French Colonies
general issue used in Cochin China. (Sorry Rodney and Tony, it’s the
other Cochin, not the one in India.) The town name seems to be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39