Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Coins September 13th 13, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
West Point Eagles

I finally received my West Point Eagles after about 2 months wait, and they are spectacular. The QC at the mint is getting better. Sorry if this is about coins!!

Jim
Forum: Coins September 11th 12, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Another 1933 Saint Story

If they sold them their value would be diluted, although still unafforable to most of us!
Jim
Forum: Coins November 8th 11, 10:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Considering no longer buying US Mint products from the US Mint

On Nov 7, 11:13*pm, "Dennis G Rears" wrote:
Every year I buy (3) US Mint Sets; (3) Proof Sets; and (3) Silver Proof
Sets. *This has been since 1998. *With the exception of...
Forum: Coins April 6th 11, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
silver for spot or less

On Apr 3, 6:24*pm, "zeek" wrote:
trying to find a site to buy a roll of ASE's for the least price. *anyone?

--

Russ in Orlando,

Expect to...
Forum: Coins January 18th 11, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Cleaned coins

On Jan 18, 8:57*am, "Bremick" wrote:

I think I'm missing your point. *How does your opening question relate to
your last recommendation? *Are you saying it's wise to buy nice...
Forum: Coins January 18th 11, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Cleaned coins

How badly does a past cleaning (not real obvious) effect the value of
a scarce coin ? I would think it would still be worth more than a
circulated coin, although the grading services will not grade...
Forum: Coins April 22nd 09, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
WTT: Native American Dollar Rolls

On Apr 21, 4:50*pm, Jim Seymour wrote:
I just got $250 of the Native American dollars via the mint's direct
ship program.

The one roll I opened is of "P" coins (and I...
Forum: Coins March 12th 09, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2009 American Silver Eagle Proofs & Lincoln Commemorative

On Mar 11, 11:05*pm, "PC" wrote:
According to the US Mint website they are suspended indefinitely due to a
shortage of silver blanks which are all being allocated to the...
Forum: Coins June 28th 08, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Prez Dollars

I trade rolls of P mint Prez Dollars with a fellow in Texas, called
several banks in my area for Monroe issue. My bank said they have to
order $2000, and for the last several issues they couldn't...
Forum: Coins May 30th 07, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Adams Dollars

On May 30, 10:03 am, "ccy465" wrote:
Hi Jim,
The coins in rolls and bags are done in large batches. The coins that come
off of the press are dumped into a huge bin that...
Forum: Coins May 30th 07, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Adams Dollars

Bought four rolls of Adams Dollars from the local bank, two to keep,
two to trade (P Mint). My trade partner from Utah let me down, so I
went through two rolls to get 5 nice specimens. It reminded...
Forum: Coins May 8th 07, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Buffalo Nickels

I bought a set of 65 circulated Buffalo Nickels, all have dates which
all four digits are readable, no acid coins. No rare oddities, but a
rather nice set. At first I was dissapointed, but after...
Forum: Coins March 31st 07, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
A strange looking herd

He got the Dimes and Nickels photos mixed up, see item no
290098309327.

Jim

On Mar 31, 5:40 am, "Amistad" wrote:
These are about the strangest looking buffaloes that...
Forum: Coins December 18th 06, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
EBay bidding

Item 300059486510, hardly worth fussing over, principle.

Jim

JimPost a link to the auction in question and we'll have a look.

Mr. Jaggers
Forum: Coins December 18th 06, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
EBay bidding

I snipped an album for halves and lost to a bid placed 16 seconds after
the close. How can this be?

Jim
Forum: Coins November 8th 06, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Clash marks

Bugs Bunny Franklin halves are rather common, I have two years with the
die clash, they command a small premium.

Jim Rose

e wrote:
In article , "Ed...
Forum: Coins July 18th 06, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Proof Buffalo Gold

Joe Fischer wrote:
I wonder why no (not many) coins have been
struck in pure tin, it is soft and smooth, but too soft
for circulating coins.

Joe Fischer

There is an Italian firm...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18