Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael Benveniste
Forum: Coins March 26th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 38
Posted By Michael Benveniste
Fake PCGS slabs have arrived!

"RF" wrote:

Other than the fact that it comes from China like many fraudulent
coins do, have you any proof that this is a fake slab?

Check out this coin from the same...
Forum: Coins March 26th 08, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Michael Benveniste
What is this token?

"kathy1945" wrote:

I tried researching it, and I know it's not from Shell, Cracker Jack
or Charms candies. They are offered on Ebay, but no-one seems to know
what...
Forum: Coins March 21st 08, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By Michael Benveniste
Trying to pass counterfeits can cost you

"Richard L. Hall" wrote:

Try Statler v. The United States

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?friend=nytimes&court=us&vol=157&invol=277

Another fun case....
Forum: Coins March 20th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By Michael Benveniste
Trying to pass counterfeits can cost you

"Phil DeMayo" wrote:

I didn't say it had anything to do with our conversation.

I found the case interesting and thought others might as well.

Okay, then I'll present an...
Forum: Coins March 20th 08, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 62
Posted By Michael Benveniste
How do I approach my currency revamp issues?

wrote:

I didn't really want to post on this issue again. But since people
here, were saying my letters to Congress, were too long, I wanted to
ask, how do I approach...
Forum: Coins March 20th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By Michael Benveniste
Tring to pass counterfeits can cost you

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message:

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/639/639.F2d.1186.80-7253.html

I've had this one bookmarked for a while. Quoting...
Forum: Coins March 19th 08, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By Michael Benveniste
2008 U.S. Mint Proof Sets

"Paul Ciszek" wrote:

What happens when the Presidential Dollars series gets up to Nixon?

It gets issued, just like the Nixon stamp did.

--
Michael Benveniste --...
Forum: Coins March 18th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote:

I don't find credible your scenario that if you put it in a safe
deposit box the bank or whatever will feel compelled to report you.
Forum: Coins March 18th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Michael Benveniste
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:19:31 -0400, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

Fair market value is zero? Perhaps one of the meanings of "fair market
value" is a limited legal...
Forum: Coins March 17th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Michael Benveniste
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote:

Yet no car has ever been seized because a counterfeit of an old coin
or coins was transported in it (despite the dire DeMayo warnings,...
Forum: Coins March 17th 08, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Michael Benveniste
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote:

Michael, do you still think this isn't an *extreme* case of
intransigency?

I won't respond to Phil's last post, and I'm going to...
Forum: Coins March 17th 08, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Michael Benveniste
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:52:44 -0700 (PDT), Phil DeMayo
wrote:

What part of the first sentence of the post don't you understand?

I understand it fine. You're trying to add...
Forum: Coins March 16th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Michael Benveniste
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

"Phil DeMayo" wrote:

Thus 18 USC 492, a statute that requires surrender of the counterfeit
with no penalty unless you refuse to surrender upon request. You are
well aware...
Forum: Coins March 16th 08, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Michael Benveniste
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Mar 15, 6:47?pm, Michael Benveniste
Forum: Coins March 15th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Michael Benveniste
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:04:32 -0700 (PDT), Phil DeMayo
wrote:

You have no understanding of 18 USC 492, why it exists and why both
Courts in the Boggs case said it prohibits...
Forum: Coins March 15th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Michael Benveniste
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:31:32 -0700 (PDT), Phil DeMayo
wrote:

FACT. The possessor of said items was not charged with any crime
related to the counterfeit coins.

Yeah, I'm...
Forum: Coins March 15th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Michael Benveniste
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Mar 14, 12:20?pm, Reid Goldsborough...
Forum: Coins March 12th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By Michael Benveniste
Cleaning Coins

"Marvin" wrote:

I have tried many Drug Stores in trying to purchase "TARTARIC ACID"
for cleaning copper coins.

Pssst. We make deal, OK?

I tell you where to buy the...
Forum: Coins March 11th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By Michael Benveniste
CAC........the definitive answer

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:50:12 -0700 (PDT), Ira wrote:

We only consider previously graded coins, submitted by CAC Submission
Centers, and will only award our sticker to those coins...
Forum: Coins March 10th 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Michael Benveniste
Questions

"Jim Menning" wrote:

That's funny, were you around back then? I remember taking business
law classes that covered the differences in minor/adult contract
status,...
Forum: Coins March 10th 08, 08:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Posted By Michael Benveniste
CAC?

"Ira" wrote:

Although I believe my standards are tougher than CAC's, CAC
stickers denote "superior" quality for the grade.

My question is simple: "Is this really the...
Forum: Coins March 4th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Michael Benveniste
Ebay treats Canadaian Coin Sellers Unfairly

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 17:53:09 -0800, "Honus" wrote:

That last line smells like pure BS to me.

The following set off alarm bells for me, especially for a ".ca"...
Forum: Coins March 4th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 27
Posted By Michael Benveniste
Taking pictures of coins

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:45:08 -0500, Phil DeMayo
wrote:

The copy stand is a good start, however, you weren't really specific
about the "inconsistencies" you are...
Forum: Coins March 4th 08, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 88
Posted By Michael Benveniste
What to do now?

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:38:32 -0500, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

I'll take you up on your challenge. I don't mind debating this. You
say being a tax protester is more...
Forum: Coins March 4th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 88
Posted By Michael Benveniste
What to do now?

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 01:02:34 -0500, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

Which is more extreme, someone arguing refuted positions for years and
making bold warnings about dire...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 118