Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: Coins December 14th 06, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
2004 s and 2005 s Westward Journey Nickels

The "S" nickels are proofs, mostly from the regular and silver proof
sets. Also, sets of the 2005 nickels (P, D, and S, both designs) are
still listed as available on the mint's web site.

JJ...
Forum: Coins November 21st 06, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
San Francisco Old Mint Commems...

It would be really nice to have a Morgan dollar obverse with a building
on the reverse.
Maybe for the 100th anniversary of the closing of the New Orleans Mint?

Rick wrote:
Sibirskmoneta wrote:
Forum: Coins November 18th 06, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Beware! 2005 Silver Proof Set still on sale at USMINT.

If the 2006 "Return to Monticello" nickel is part of the "Westward
Jourrney" series, will there be a new nickel design in 2007 - or a
reversion to the 1938-2003 design?

Jim Seymour wrote:
Forum: Coins November 17th 06, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Circulated Sac Dollars in Ecuador

Are there any late-date Sacs in circulation there? I think most of the
recent dates for the U.S. market have been available to collectors but
not released to circulation.

reality wrote:
I...
Forum: Coins November 14th 06, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Please Explain why 3 pc SAE sets are selling at a premium

On the product description, the text at the top now says: "Orders have
been taken that meet the maximum mintage level of 250,000 for the
American Eagle 20th Anniversary Silver Coin Set. We will...
Forum: Coins November 14th 06, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
SF Mint Proofs arrived today

Very nice looking coin! I do notice one subtle difference - the
lettering for "United States of America" and "One Dollar" appears to be
thicker and closer to the edge than on the original...
Forum: Coins November 14th 06, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Franklin PCGS FBL or not? Look and decide

I would guess "A". The bell lines on the left side of the "B" coin
seem a little less distinct to me.

steve edwards wrote:
Recently I bought two 1955 Franklins graded MS64 by PCGS.
One is...
Forum: Coins November 13th 06, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Please Explain why 3 pc SAE sets are selling at a premium

Looks like the 3 piece SAE sets are now sold out at the Mint.

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
"bri" wrote in message
Forum: Coins November 13th 06, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
SF Mint Proofs arrived today

From the Mint's website, it looks like the 3 coin SAE set has now
reached its sales limit.

Bruce Farley wrote:
I should have said that these are the Silver Dollars, not gold. I listed
1 to see...
Forum: Coins October 10th 06, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
1919 Wheat Cent in Change Last Night

I did find a 1932-D quarter in a roll. It was barely AG, with the
bottom half of the date worn away. I sold it to a dealer for $9.

Of course, this was way back in 1964. Haven't seen any recently . ....
Forum: Coins September 28th 06, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Is the US Mint fair?

My understanding is that the sets continued to be available for several
hours after the initial order rush. Anyone with access to the web
should have been able to order them.

Michael wrote:
Is it...
Forum: Coins September 28th 06, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
American Eagles - Gold & Silver Set vs new individual coins

I believe the price for the three-coin gold set was $2,610 rather than
$2,160.

Harv wrote:
"Jim Seymour" wrote in message
Alan...
Forum: Coins September 27th 06, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
buffalo interest

The new buffalo gold coins may help generate some new interest in
buffalo nickels. (I wonder if they'll have the same problem with the
dates wearing off.) :-)

Eric Babula wrote:
"steve"...
Forum: Coins September 26th 06, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
American Eagles - Gold & Silver Set vs new individual coins

What is a reverse UNC? Is it a coin with mirror surfaces all over?

Also, can reverse proof coins qualify as cameo (or "reverse cameo")?

Phil DeMayo wrote:
Harv wrote:

If this Reverse Proof...
Forum: Coins September 23rd 06, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
American Eagles - Gold & Silver Set vs new individual coins

In some cases, collectors appear willing to pay extra for special
packaging. The 1996-S Prestige Proof Set generally sells for upwards of
$450, even though the individual coins in the set are...
Forum: Coins September 18th 06, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
New Uncirculated AE Mint Sets

http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?action=press_release&ID=712

I wonder if these will be annual sets.
Forum: Coins September 8th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
My lucky day...

It's possible they were spent by someone who inherited them and didn't
think they were anything special.

Pam wrote:
Hello! Everybody...just passing through to tell you about my lucky day.
Forum: Coins September 8th 06, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
2006 AMERICAN EAGLE 20TH ANNIVERSARY GOLD

I believe the 10,000 mintage for the reverse proof is the lowest
mintage for any gold eagle. Considering the likely demand for inclusion
in type sets, registry sets and date/mintmark sets, I wouldn't...
Forum: Coins September 3rd 06, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
American Eagle Coin Sets

winwin wrote:
... you'll be seeing both SAE collectors and some commemorative
collectors who will want these.

The trouble with crossover appeal to more than one type of collector is
Forum: Coins September 3rd 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
American Eagle Coin Sets

bri wrote:
... you'll be seeing both SAE collectors and some commemorative
collectors who will want these. And there will no doubt also be a
strong demand for the reverse proof for type set...
Forum: Coins September 3rd 06, 09:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
American Eagle Coin Sets

jeff wrote:
This might be a great way to pass something along to the next generation
but would, IMHO, make a very poor long-term pure investment. The mint,
TPGs, Shop@home, etc. have hyped AEs...
Forum: Coins September 2nd 06, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
American Eagle Coin Sets

The Reverse Proof SAE will have a mintage of a quarter of a million but it's
1/4th the buy-in price that the LOC was. So the question is, does the much
higher mintage matter or does the "if...
Forum: Coins September 2nd 06, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
American Eagle Coin Sets

2)Gold & Silver. This is limited to 20K sets. I am unimpressed. This is
basically one gold/silver uncirculated eagle in a presentation case. BFD.
The cost is $850. Current bullion cost is...
Forum: Coins September 2nd 06, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Silver Eagle 20th Anniversary

The uncirculated coin in the 20th anniversary silver eagle set (and the
two-coin gold and silver set) has a unique characteristic of its own,
the "W" mint mark. I believe this coin will have less...
Forum: Coins September 2nd 06, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Silver Eagle 20th Anniversary

I believe the reverse proof coin will have a lower mintage than the
1994-P regular proof silver eagle, which currently sells for a higher
price than the entire 20th anniversary silver eagle set. Plus...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25