Showing results 1 to 25 of 177
Search took 1.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ian
Forum: Coins June 21st 10, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Ian
OT World Cup

On 21/06/2010 2:45 AM, oly wrote:
On Jun 20, 4:22 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

Forum: Coins June 20th 10, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By Ian
OT World Cup

On 19/06/2010 8:47 PM, note.boy wrote:
Congratulations to the USA from all Scottish people for holding England to a
draw. :-) Billy

Ahem! We don't all want England to fail....especially...
Forum: Coins November 15th 09, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By Ian
Owl - again

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Ian wrote:

When did you buy it?

May 30, 2009.

Ah..bummer! They haven't gone up that much since then, so I can't claim
for the effects of price inflation :)
Forum: Coins November 14th 09, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By Ian
Owl - again

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Ian wrote:

http://rg.ancients.info/misc/Owl8.jpg

285 dollars

That was the closest yet to the list price of $270.
Forum: Coins November 13th 09, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By Ian
Owl - again

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Here's yet another Owl. Can't get enough. This one is also atypical, and
interesting, and for several reasons, one being the price. With
apologies in advance for my...
Forum: Coins November 13th 09, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Owl
Posted By Ian
Owl

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Reid Goldsborough wrote:

among others Alexander the Greek afterward, one of many weight standards

Should have read Alexander the Great, or Zorba the Greek,...
Forum: Coins September 5th 09, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Ian
a good read

wrote:
On Sep 4, 12:44 am, "Thomas A." wrote:
and cheap, too. Around 1960 the Numismatist had some of their popular
articles reprinted and...
Forum: Coins August 14th 09, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Ian
RCC owl token

gogu wrote:
? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????
Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Anybody have one of those RCC owl tokens,...
Forum: Coins August 13th 09, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By Ian
RCC owl token

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Anybody have one of those RCC owl tokens, patterned after an ancient
Athenian Owl tetradrachm, that they could part with, either through a
trade or sale? I'm finding...
Forum: Coins May 4th 09, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By Ian
Identify coin in a different language

oly wrote:
On May 4, 12:06 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Ian wrote:
oly wrote:
On May 4, 7:15 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
oly...
Forum: Coins May 4th 09, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

oly wrote:
On May 4, 7:15 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
oly wrote:
On May 4, 4:18 am, Ian wrote:
GO ILLINI wrote:
Could...
Forum: Coins May 4th 09, 10:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 22
Posted By Ian
Identify coin in a different language

GO ILLINI wrote:
Could you identify the coin described on this page:
http://adamsworld.name/mystery_coin.php
All info I have as well as pictures are on the page.

Writing (Front): LVD XVDG...
Forum: Coins April 26th 09, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By Ian
Why RCC Sucks

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
Denis wrote:
Illegitimum non carborundum-- don't let the *******s grind you down.
There are still plenty of serious numismatists and good discussions
here. If you don't...
Forum: Coins March 24th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 39
Posted By Ian
An Owl for Anka

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
About this coin:

http://rg.ancients.info/misc/Owl6.jpg

It's ancient, it's authentic, but it's not official. It's a copy, an
ancient copy, struck in all...
Forum: Coins March 19th 09, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Ian
Brandenburg-Bayreuth Experts?

Jud wrote:
I recently bought a collection of world coins that included a large
number of coins from the German State Brandenburg-Bayreuth, and a few
from Brandenburg-Ansbach, mostly from...
Forum: Coins March 18th 09, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 39
Posted By Ian
An Owl for Anka

Ian wrote:
Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Here's yet another Owl for Anka (I'm feeling generous, I guess):

http://rg.ancients.info/misc/Owl4.jpg

As with the previous Owls I've pointed to,...
Forum: Coins March 17th 09, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 39
Posted By Ian
An Owl for Anka

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Here's yet another Owl for Anka (I'm feeling generous, I guess):

http://rg.ancients.info/misc/Owl4.jpg

As with the previous Owls I've pointed to, this is also a...
Forum: Coins March 14th 09, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 39
Posted By Ian
An Owl for Anka

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
On Mar 13, 2:00 pm, wrote:

I'll bite. It looks like an intermediate style owl with two test
cuts, one at the owl's neck and one below Athena's...
Forum: Coins February 12th 09, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By Ian
Flamewars and Lawsuits on rec.collecting.coins

Mike Marotta wrote: (snip)
"O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,"
--- Robert Burns
Forum: Coins February 9th 08, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 29
Posted By Ian
FA: 1853 Arrows & Rays Quarter PCGS MS-64 Outstanding

oly wrote:
On Feb 8, 3:36 pm, Ian wrote:
oly wrote:
On Feb 8, 2:22 pm, "scottishmoney" wrote:
"oly" ...
Forum: Coins February 8th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

oly wrote:
On Feb 8, 2:22 pm, "scottishmoney" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

Forum: Coins February 8th 08, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By Ian
Contest

Phil DeMayo wrote:
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 07:49:41 GMT, Ian
wrote:

George D wrote:
It has been a long time since we have had a contest. So in celebration...
Forum: Coins February 6th 08, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By Ian
Contest

George D wrote:
It has been a long time since we have had a contest. So in celebration
of leap year here we go.

Here are the rules.

Guess the New York closing price of Silver on...
Forum: Coins April 14th 07, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By Ian
Not Una.

note.boy wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message
note.boy wrote:
"Ian" ...
Forum: Coins April 14th 07, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By Ian
World Coin ID: Arabic? It's square..