Showing results 1 to 25 of 117
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ryan Davenport
Forum: General Discussion June 29th 10, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Turkish Constantinople City post - help please

I have a 2006/07 Michel SE Europe, and it doesn't have much more
information beyond what you have already mentioned. It says the 4
different types of overprint are "significantly" /...
Forum: General Discussion March 17th 10, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Ryan Davenport
South Africa Bi-lingual pair ID

rodney wrote:
Top Recess two white lines under name 1927
bottom rotogravure one white line 1932
1949 fully screened roto fuzzy definition

My query some time back, was given a link to a...
Forum: General Discussion March 13th 10, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By Ryan Davenport
google and yahoo groups question

Billns wrote:
On 3/5/2010 7:49 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
"Pierre found these unused words:
[i]
rodney wrote :

If I go W7 then I shall make it a...
Forum: General Discussion March 13th 10, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Belgium query.

Blair (TC) wrote:
On Mar 1, 2:22 am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Does anybody have proof the "pizza wheel" was EVER used as a pre-cancel,
or is that old wives tales?
Forum: General Discussion March 13th 10, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Scott Russia no mentoin of CTO

Peter Buder wrote:
wrote in ...
This has been a wonderment of mine for some time. ...
Forum: General Discussion February 23rd 10, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Ryan Davenport
A pair and etc...

Tony Clayton wrote:
The best one is the 60 cdc on 60c carmine that reads
00 centesimi di corona in error.

I also have a 40 centisimi di ccrona

I must scan them and get them up on...
Forum: General Discussion January 25th 10, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Aust CV please.

rodney wrote:
Can anyone suggest a guestimate for the 1964
2 shilling golden whistler (broken twig variety ) please?

This example is a little grotty and hinged.
Forum: General Discussion January 21st 10, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Little Long Rapids, Ontario

malcolm wrote:
Completely OT but I have been looking, purely as interest at some of
the communities in this part of Ontario, and I cannot believe how
cheap Real Estate is! Presumably not many...
Forum: General Discussion January 16th 10, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 9
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Canada postmarks no 1

malcolm wrote:
Thanks Ryan and Richard.

As usual I am overwhelmed by the knowledge,generosity and sometimes
inspired guesswork on this board.

A few further notes.
3. Cannot be...
Forum: General Discussion January 15th 10, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 9
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Canada postmarks no 1

malcolm wrote:
having digested the German contingent it is Canada's turn.

1. on a 1937 3c KG6. 2 x cds ( or possibly an oval ) On 1 (or 1
side ) ???ouf B then (E or F) then C&M. On 2 (or...
Forum: General Discussion January 11th 10, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Poland 1996 Zodiac definitives - uv question

malcolm wrote:
I will have to bookmark Rein's dissertation. I had noticed more than
one shade of yellow flourescence on the few stamps I have, but I
wasn't going to go there!! The problem is...
Forum: General Discussion January 11th 10, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Ryan Davenport
More german postmarks

malcolm wrote:
I have found another website www.geonames.org. Using the search on
this shows Zwillinghof ( 8045) as being purely a farm - albeit in the
right area. Therefore by elimination the...
Forum: General Discussion January 9th 10, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Ryan Davenport
More german postmarks

malcolm wrote:
I have a number of further German postmarks to identify

1. Old 4-figure postcode 8045 on 100pf women. What is the town...
Forum: General Discussion January 9th 10, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Poland 1996 Zodiac definitives - uv question

Rein wrote:
Ryan,

Fischer took the idea of the papers from a publication by Bronislaw
Rejnowski, but completely messed it up !!!
Adam Kielbasa and I published a new report some years ago...
Forum: General Discussion January 9th 10, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Empire Day.

rodney wrote:
J Beagles Postcard number 606R unused which dates it around 1931

http://cjoint.com/data/bjkxOJJ2Tb.htm

Empire Day which naturally fell on Queen Victoria's birthday May...
Forum: General Discussion January 9th 10, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Poland 1996 Zodiac definitives - uv question

malcolm wrote:
Under both s/w and l/w uv light these flouresce ( no afterglow ).
However the flourescence appears to be EITHER yellow OR white. - the
1zl on both, 10gr on white, and the...
Forum: General Discussion January 7th 10, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Canada Ho Ho Ho.

Ralphael1 wrote:
On Jan 7, 1:30 pm, Ryan Davenport wrote:
Even more annoying, the envelope will often go through upside down
during the postal code sorting process. ...
Forum: General Discussion January 7th 10, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Canada Ho Ho Ho.

Blair (TC) wrote:
On Jan 7, 5:35 am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Christmas greetings with Santa's Ho Ho Ho cancellation.

The sender placed the top stamps upside...
Forum: General Discussion January 7th 10, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 40
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Computers in Philately.

Bill wrote:
rodney wrote:
US
APS computers in Philately first edition Vol1 Num1
Summer of 1986

http://cjoint.com/data/mFjiZtjEog.htm

Produced on an IBM PC-XT Clone (many of us...
Forum: General Discussion January 7th 10, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Ryan Davenport
The irrepressible Fac Similator.

rodney wrote:
An Australian commentary on Mr. F Fournier October 3rd 1912

http://cjoint.com/data/mFhVmF0NWM.htm

Interesting, the usage of "honor" as opposed to "honour". As found
on...
Forum: General Discussion December 20th 09, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Romania queries.

Tony Vella wrote:
Blair and I are enjoying beautiful -16C weather today here in Ottawa.
However, the balmy temperatures are not supposed to last, it will be
getting cold later in the week. ...
Forum: General Discussion December 6th 09, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Germany Briefzentrum/postcode correlation

Peter Baumann wrote:
Ryan Davenport schrieb:
Peter Baumann wrote:
You can find two towns named "Rotenburg" in Germany - one is named
"Rotenburg ob der Tauber" and one "Rotenburg Wümme"....
Forum: General Discussion December 6th 09, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Germany Briefzentrum/postcode correlation

Peter Baumann wrote:
malcolm schrieb:
Thanks for your help. Would you believe that the only bit of the
postmark missing on 2724 is the bit prior to the rotenburg.There is a
bit after which...
Forum: General Discussion December 5th 09, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Germany Briefzentrum/postcode correlation

I used to have an old German road atlas that had an index in the
back ordered according to the old 4-digit postcodes. In the late '90s,
I happened to be overweight with my luggage so I left the...
Forum: General Discussion December 3rd 09, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Ryan Davenport
Hyderabad ID.

rodney wrote:
I have recently purchased a GPS doohickey for my vehicle,
I have this lovely cultured English female voice telling me where to go,
but she has trouble with many words above 1...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 117