Showing results 1 to 25 of 135
Search took 2.13 seconds.
Forum: General Discussion June 7th 09, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Catalogue blindness.

G'day Rodney,

From a 'Scott afficianado'. Best I can do is as follows ( box
coincides to each stamp in you photo ):
-------------------------- --------------------------
North Vietnam ...
Forum: General Discussion June 2nd 09, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
When do I change ?

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the group,

An accepted definition of philatelist is 'a collector and student of
postage stamps '. According to the definition we are all
philatelists. As once described to me...
Forum: General Discussion May 16th 09, 10:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
I'm back, somewhat.

O.K. Raphael.

Are you before October 5, 1937 (don't feel like it though)? If so,
you've earned you nickname 'The OLD One'. If not, you can still keep
it as we all know you that way.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion May 15th 09, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
I'm back, somewhat.

Welcome back Ralph. Give it time and you'll be 100% before you know
it.

Tony, I'll bet you are not the old one. When Ralph is up to it we
should have a reveal as to age and maybe Ralph will have to...
Forum: General Discussion May 6th 09, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Specializing with the Classic stamps

Hi Tim,

Have you considered making your own pages, or even using quadrill
pages? In the classic catalog there may be varieties listed that are
not in the standard Scott catalog. I believe that...
Forum: General Discussion April 25th 09, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Ralphael.

Hi Rodney,

Add my get well soon wishes.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion April 17th 09, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Ecuador FDR and 1960's Issues

Hi all,

I finished putting my notes together and created 2 tables for the
Ecuador1960's and FDR issues.
If any one wants a copy of the tables, send me an e-mail with a
subject line of...
Forum: General Discussion April 16th 09, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
webpage update

Hi Pedro,

The web site is much much better. One little thing. The rotating @ at
the bottom left of the page is a little distracting. It could be due
to the fact that I have unusually wide...
Forum: General Discussion April 9th 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Ecuador ID nat def and tobacco.

Hi

I forgot to mention. My 1974 Michel does not list these issues.
However, at the back of the Ecuador listings they do have a nice
listing of the 'semi-official FDR stamps.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion April 9th 09, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Ecuador ID nat def and tobacco.

Hi

The SG appendix stamps are listed by Scott. At one time Scott just
mentioned these stamps, then they listed them without prices and then
with prices. The stamps themselves are hard to find non...
Forum: General Discussion April 9th 09, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Ecuador ID nat def and tobacco.

Hi Rodney,

Aha, a closet Ecuador collector. I'll make room in the closet for you
and we can discuss cinderellas and Ecuador.
Are you holding out on Colombia?

I do not know how Cherrystone puts...
Forum: General Discussion April 8th 09, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Ecuador ~ Phantasy Stamps

Hi Rodney,

The Roosevelt issues are considered by some to be semi-official
issues. I know I am going to be kidded by you ad infinitum but I have
all these issues including a few covers that I...
Forum: General Discussion April 7th 09, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Ecuador ~ Phantasy Stamps

Hi Rodney,

I like to think of the cinderellas as enhancing my specialized
collection of Ecuador. I know you will like this: I also bought the
Columbus set. Does this now make me an advanced...
Forum: General Discussion April 7th 09, 08:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Ecuador ~ Phantasy Stamps

Hi Rodney,

No way! You won't ever get me to start collecting cinderellas :)

I collect Ecuador and this set and two others came upon cheap on eBay
so I bought them. I also have a couple of sets of...
Forum: General Discussion April 6th 09, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Ecuador ~ Phantasy Stamps

Hi Rodney,

Too bad I do not have a scanner. If I did I could display the entire
set. You show only 3 values. I'll dig out my set and list all the
values later.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion April 3rd 09, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Mette passed away last night.

I did not know Mette except through RCSD. She seemed to be a wonderful
person and she will be missed by all her friends here.

My condolences to Mette's family.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion March 24th 09, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Yvert online?

Hi Gerhard,

I am sure you are right about the legality of the downloads. I had
looked around the site a little and assumed payment was on the
download. If Michel stopped them one wonders why Yvert...
Forum: General Discussion March 23rd 09, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Yvert online?

Hi Joshua

Just found this. Check it out: http://rapidlibrary.com/index.php?q=yvert+tellier+stamp+catalogue

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion March 23rd 09, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Yvert online?

Hi Joshua

Isn't Delcampe USA ( http://www.delcampe.com/page/main/language,E.html
) mostly Scott? I read French fairly well and I think that Yvert has
a CD but cannot find the listing and price for...
Forum: General Discussion March 18th 09, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Question for Scott International Vol. 1 users

Hi Wolf

The image you posted seems to be an old Scott International Volume 1.
I looked in a 2003 Scott and they are not listed as you have found.
Since the time the pages were printed, Scott may...
Forum: General Discussion March 10th 09, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Stamp collection insurance

Hi Ken,

Look at this insurance agency. They used to be the Insurance agency
for the American Philaatelic Society. Since they have years of
experience insuraning stamp collections one should have...
Forum: General Discussion March 7th 09, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
my stamps collecting webpage

Hi Pedro,

I have to agree with the previous comments about condition. You
should try to obtain better specimens. Referring to the Latin stamps
they are inexpensive and readilly available. Take a...
Forum: General Discussion March 1st 09, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
introducing myself

Hi Pedro,

Welcome to the group.

Jerry B
Forum: General Discussion February 16th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
New issues dealers

Hi Ralphael,

I have been a customer of Herrick for over 20 years and am more than
satisfied. If not too many countries are involved why not place a
standing order with Herrick? They are very...
Forum: General Discussion February 1st 09, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
(RCSD) How is Mette doing?

Toke,

Please give my best to Mette and wish her a fast recovery.

Jerry B
Showing results 1 to 25 of 135