Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Forum: Books May 30th 09, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Just for old time's sake...

....since this group seems deader than dead (just like most of Usenet),
here's a page of first edition scans for Hugo and Nebula...
Forum: Books May 5th 07, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.arts.sf.written,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
I love library book sales (Clifford Simak)

On May 5, 8:13 am, "endy9" wrote:
Recently, I read an old Simak book I picked up in a library book sale,
Special Deliverance, and then the disccusion on this NG about...
Forum: Books November 21st 06, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
One Box (25 Books) to save from your collection: What are they?

10 years ago I'm fairly certain that most collectors would have agreed
(with the reference books) that ex-lib copies of fiction books were
virtually worthless.

There does seem to have been...
Forum: Books November 21st 06, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
80+ pound, $4,000 football book being published.

From the Excess is Success Department comes Super Bowl XL Opus, a 20" x
20', 80+ pound football book being published for the holidays that
retails for $4,000. The kicker? That's the regular edition....
Forum: Books November 19th 06, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
One Box (25 Books) to save from your collection: What are they?

Here's a classic hypothetical book collecting question: Your house is
on fire, and you've got your family, pets, etc. out, and only have time
to pack one box of books (lets say 25 books total) to...
Forum: Books October 27th 06, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Used Bookstore Business - questions please

wrote:
We own another business that takes up little time and nets
around $300k/yr.

How much of that are you willing to lose per year working 70-80 hour
weeks running a used...
Forum: Books October 26th 06, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Suzanne Clarke's Ladies of Grace Adieu: Precedence?

I'm trying to find out precedence between the UK and US editions of
Suzanne Clarke's The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories.

Amazon shows the book as being released in the US October...
Forum: Books October 7th 06, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Clive Barker (was Most over-hyper book(s)?)

I would like to start with my choice, Clive Barker's _The Books of
Blood_ . There were what, about a dozen different limited editions,
bindings, forwards and author's revisions?
To what...
Forum: Books October 4th 06, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats.d
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Even most great books showing what a mass murderer Saddam Hussein really is usually need a single addition

wrote:
That addition ususally is to also show how Gaddafi of Libya quit his
nuke bomb building project due to Saddam's demise in 2003 by George W.
Bush. Just a few...
Forum: Books September 5th 06, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
What's the most you've ever paid for a book?

At Armadillocon, I was on a panel about book collecting with Scott Cupp
and Bill Crider. Scott mentioned a few books that he bought when they
first came out that he couldn't buy now because "there...
Forum: Books July 10th 06, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Charter and FAQ

ret_teach_35 wrote:
How do I find the newsgroup charter and FAQ?

http://rcbfaq.com/

Though I'm not sure if Mike needs to update it or not.

Lawrence Person
Lame Excuse...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11