Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian Ketterling[_2_]
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 18th 11, 08:09 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Restoring Lettering to Stamped Names

On Apr 17, 4:17 am, Halfhyde
wrote:

,,, I am still
looking for a solution for white lettering, which is probably the most
common color used. She did not...
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 2nd 08, 05:30 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
True Writer Problem

On Feb 1, 11:38 pm, wrote:

Love the pen in every way except it won't write. I can get the
thing started and it writes pretty good, but if I lay it down for a
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 21st 08, 09:15 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Black Hard Rubber

On Jan 20, 9:47 am, Barutan Seijin wrote:
Hmm... what about ink and resaccing? It seems that one of my BHR pens
developed a big olive spot right after getting a new...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 20th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Black Hard Rubber

On Jan 17, 11:51 pm, Barutan Seijin wrote:
What makes black hard rubber change colour? And given that they do
change their colour, how does one keep these pens...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 20th 08, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
"all write" ringtop

On Jan 17, 11:51 pm, Barutan Seijin wrote:
Does anyone know anything about "All Write" pens?

That's a good question! Here on the newsgroup, I think the autumn
before...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 9th 07, 10:55 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Leaky Phileas

On Dec 8, 8:57 am, "Bart" wrote:
One of my favorites (and most used) is a Phileas fine-point that is no more
than a couple of years old. All of a sudden it has started...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 1st 07, 09:46 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 13
What will rejuvenate markers?

On Oct 31, 5:09 pm, Mark Thorson wrote:

If I recall correctly, toluene was eliminated from
bottles of correction fluid because kids were using
it as an inhalant to get...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 1st 07, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 13
What will rejuvenate markers?

On Oct 31, 4:03 pm, Doc wrote:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that dipping dried out magic
markers in toluene will work, but can't seem to find it in the local
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 1st 07, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
ID and care help needed - Mabie Todd Swan pen, Waterman's set

On Oct 21, 10:11 pm, Brian Ketterling wrote:
On Oct 16, 9:49 pm, wrote:

Guess I'll have to find a local pen
hospital or expert, does anyone know...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 22nd 07, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On Oct 16, 9:49 pm, wrote:

Guess I'll have to find a local pen
hospital or expert, does anyone know of any in Vancouver, British
Columbia area? O/w I'd better put them away...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 15th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Damaged Expert

MatthewK wrote:

What is it about the paper bag does this magic?

Nothing magic -- it's just a very fine abrasive, I suspect because of
the microscopic silica particles embedded in the wood fiber....
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 14th 07, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Damaged Expert

On Oct 14, 7:41 am, "Bart" wrote:
The nib was bent up at almost 90-degrees, and slightly twisted. I used some
really tiny pliers...
...a razor blade...
...[and] some...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 13th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
ID and care help needed - Mabie Todd Swan pen, Waterman's set

Hi --

On Oct 11, 10:23 pm, wrote:
The 2 little holes in cap are supposed to be there?

Yes, they're breather holes that prevent ink from being sucked out of
the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 10th 07, 07:02 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Damaged Expert

On Oct 7, 8:52 pm, "Bart" wrote:

I hope I don't offend any purists here, but -- since I figured there was
nothing to lose -- I worked on the damaged Expert nib myself with...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 1st 07, 07:38 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
nib manufacture -- iridium tipping

On Sep 30, 11:01 pm, "j. fabian" wrote:
At a pen show a while back, John Mottishaw, who would most likely be
glad to answer you directly http://www.nibs.com, took me...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 1st 07, 07:28 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Damaged Expert

On Sep 30, 3:44 pm, Barutan Seijin wrote:
As for the issue of distribution and parts, the market for pens is small
enough. It stands to reason that the market for spare...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 1st 07, 07:22 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Parker 61 mint?

On Sep 29, 11:26 pm, MatthewK wrote:
* Brian Ketterling wrote:
Unfortunately, I just missed that earlier era -- when I found my way
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 30th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Parker 61 mint?

On Sep 28, 12:48 am, "Sonny" wrote:
Moribund... Nice word choice!

Until a couple of weeks ago, I might have said it was mummy-dust, but
now there seems to be a trickle of...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 24th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Damaged Expert

You could try the company's own Parker/Waterman service center in
Janesville WI, although if it's not a warranty repair it could be
expensive.

Brian
--
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 20th 07, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5

On Sep 19, 9:37 pm, "Norman M. Schwartz" wrote:

I don't see this type of converter anywhere that I've looked. Perhaps one
must buy an entire NOS Parker 45 to get their...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 18th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Cartridge converters

On Sep 18, 10:16 am, J. L. Jones wrote:
...Parker and Waterman screw piston converters...
consistently hold the ink with a meniscus away from the
feed. I've tried washing....
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 17th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Where is everyone?

On Sep 15, 10:18 pm, Barutan Seijin wrote:

Frank Dubiel's death didn't help either. I just don't know as much as
he did.

It seems like an opinion is gelling (in...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 16th 07, 05:16 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Where is everyone?

On Sep 15, 8:57 pm, (phk) wrote:
In article , "j. fabian" wrote:

i think Usenet has gone downhill...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 14th 07, 05:47 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Parker 61 mint?

On Sep 10, 10:05 pm, wrote:
I recently discovered a fountain pen and pencil set at the bottom of a
box lot I bought an an estate auction. It is a Parker 61 pen and
pencil...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 14th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Odd Tool

On Sep 4, 12:47 am, radarman10 wrote:
I came across an odd pen tool and I'm not sure how to use it, if it
is any good and when it was made.
Its' a small steel tube...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28