Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Charles
Forum: Books December 27th 09, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris Charles
An impossible book search

Shamrock Oil later became part of Diamond Shamrock, which in turn was
acquired and is still owned by Valero Energy. I doubt that their archives
would be helpful but it's worth a try.

I have...
Forum: Books July 3rd 07, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 21
Posted By Chris Charles
Ever find interesting things in books?

I have read this obituary before and I believe it was in print and not on
the net. Do you know where it was originally published?

wrote in message...
Forum: Books March 5th 07, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Charles
George Martin "Playback"

A copy of the prospectus for the 2002 paper book (which in 2005 was
re-released in DVD format) was offered this week on ebay.uk starting at 5
pounds and drew no bids. You might watch to see if it's...
Forum: Books March 3rd 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 286
Posted By Chris Charles
Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

Wow! I don't believe I've dealt with this seller, but after reading the
cranky and intemperate postings here, I don't think I'd be inclined to take
the risk if I could get the item somewhere else,...
Forum: Books January 12th 07, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Charles
Book database - input with scanner

Readerware is great if most of your collection has barcodes or at least
ISBNs or LOC numbers which you can enter into a search. For older books, you
have search the LOC manually and drag the...
Forum: Books October 15th 06, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris Charles
New terminology?

From a note regarding this weekend's auction by Bonham and Butterfields
(actually I think they only go by Bonhams nowadays) in San Francisco:

"Books and manuscripts, including finely bounded...
Forum: Books September 23rd 06, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris Charles
This maybe a stretch but...

I seemed to recall that my son had this book, and as it turns out, he does!
It's called 'The Egypt Game', by Zilpha Keatley Snyder. Copyrighted 1967,
and is a Newbery winner. If this isn't it, I'll...
Forum: Books September 15th 06, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Charles
Book of Bird Life-A.Allen 1930

wrote:
Book of Bird Life-A.Allen ornithology 1930
by A.Allen
Van Nostrand co. 1930
Price: $20.00

see at: