Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Barney
Forum: Coins February 10th 18, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Barney
Found 2017 Golden Dollar today

I just opened a roll of dollar coins (I usually get six per week) to use
for general spending. To my surprise, I ran across a 2017 Sacagawea.
Interesting since they are only available from sales...
Forum: Coins August 10th 16, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Barney
What to do with Kennedy half dollars?

I bought a roll of Kennedy halfs for spending purposes only. What I ended
up getting was about half of them from 1967 and 1968. Now I don't know
what to do with them.

I know I could use them...
Forum: Coins July 6th 16, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Barney
Are Sacajaweas still being minted for general circulation?

oepepper wrote in
:

On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 12:01:09 AM UTC-7, Barney wrote:
Or are the new Sacajaweas being...
Forum: Coins July 5th 16, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Barney
Are Sacajaweas still being minted for general circulation?

Or are the new Sacajaweas being minted only for collectors?

Barney
Forum: Coins July 14th 14, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Barney
Senators again try to replace dollar bill with coin

"Mike Dworetsky" wrote in
:

This will be opposed by the vending machine lobby on the grounds of
expense, and by...
Forum: Coins July 14th 14, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Barney
Senators again try to replace dollar bill with coin

Frank Galikanokus wrote in
:

Our congress doesn't get much done these days. I don't see this
situation changing any time soon.
Forum: Coins July 14th 14, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Barney
Senators again try to replace dollar bill with coin

Flaco Old_Fart@Home wrote in news:a1fuu8h70b2rjjeqqfa9lpngsn0r3j0f34@
4ax.com:

It might work, but the One Dollar bill would have to be withdrawn from
circulation and replaced with Two Dollar...
Forum: Coins February 23rd 13, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Barney
F mint mark Sacagawea

Ok, I'll try again guys. It's from 2005, not 1995. Sorry for the mistake.

I'm pretty sure I see the letter F under the date of a golden dollar. It
was a sacagawea from around 2005. It really...
Forum: Coins February 23rd 13, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By Barney
F mint mark on dollar coin?

Jerry Dennis wrote in news:9af6a986-fdb8-4cd2-8767-
:

On Feb 13, 8:09*pm, Barney wrote:
I'm pretty sure I see the...
Forum: Coins February 14th 13, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 17
Posted By Barney
F mint mark on dollar coin?

I'm pretty sure I see the letter F under the date of a golden dollar. It
was a sacagawea from around 1995. I don't have the coin in hand for the
exact year, though it really did look like a F...
Forum: Coins November 30th 12, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 18
Posted By Barney
Congress considers doing away with the $1 bill

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/30/congress-considers-doing-away-
with-1-bill/

There's been a lot of talk about this recently, though I'll only believe it
if I ever see it!

Barney
Forum: Coins August 23rd 12, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Barney
Silver Golden Dollar

Opened up a roll today and found a Silver Golden Dollar. It's a Harrison
dollar.

It's the size of a Golden Dollar and the edge is that of a Golden dollar,
but also silver. The whole thing is...
Forum: Coins June 1st 12, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Barney
Hayes in a Andrew Johnson String & Son dollar bank roll

Jerry Dennis wrote in
:

On May 30, 7:03*pm, Barney wrote:
Could this be a possible...
Forum: Coins May 31st 12, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Barney
Hayes in a Andrew Johnson String & Son dollar bank roll

Could this be a possible mistake that could be valuable?

I picked up three rolls at the bank today. The teller told me a customer
had brought them in.

The three rolls have the names of...
Forum: Coins October 8th 11, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 58
Posted By Barney
paper dollar

"Bremick" wrote in :

So why didn't the removal of silver affect use of the quarter, too? I
recall some people maybe saving one example of a...
Forum: Coins October 6th 11, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Barney
Toonie Slide (Canadian strip clubs)

In Canada, strippers accept loonie & toonie (1 & 2 dollar coin) tips.
Usually the guy will hold it in his mouth and she'll grab it out be
squeezing her breasts on it.

Other times they'll just...
Forum: Coins October 6th 11, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 58
Posted By Barney
paper dollar

"Some Guy" wrote in :

"Bremick" wrote in message

I recall predictions of how the half...
Forum: Coins October 6th 11, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 58
Posted By Barney
paper dollar

"Bremick" wrote in :

"Paul Ciszek" wrote in message

I recall predictions of how the half dollar would become more...
Forum: Coins October 6th 11, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 58
Posted By Barney
paper dollar

"Some Guy" wrote in :

When piggy's tummy gets full, he and I take a trip to the CoinStar
machine to get folding money.
Piggy seems to like the...
Forum: Coins September 21st 11, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Barney
Schweikert wants to get rid of the dollar bill

WASHINGTON -- Freshman Rep. David Schweikert, R-Ariz., wants to retire the
paper U.S. dollar bill and switch Americans to the $1 coin.

Schweikert, who sits on the influential House Financial...
Forum: Coins December 14th 07, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Barney
Got the James Madison Dollar

shreadvector wrote in
:

And feel free to call your Representative and Senators to let them
Forum: Coins December 12th 07, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Barney
Need help getting new dollar coin...

Dave Allured wrote in :

Barney, I can't help you with that phone number you are looking for.
However...

You did not say anything about...
Forum: Coins December 11th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Barney
Need help getting new dollar coin...

I seem to be having trouble getting the new dollar coins at my bank.
They have GDs from earlier this year, however I'm being told that the
people who send them the new dollars will only give...
Forum: Coins December 11th 07, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By Barney
Got the James Madison Dollar

shreadvector wrote in news:4ee7894f-23eb-
:

On Nov 15, 1:51 pm, "Roßert G. Schaffrath"
Forum: Coins November 27th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Barney
James Madison Presidential Golden Dollar Coins

shreadvector wrote in
:

I got some. Apparently some banks are not big on reading the sticker-
seal.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 39