Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alyn
Forum: General Discussion December 30th 17, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Alyn
Holiday wishes from the Art on Stamps site!

Disregard my bookmark pointed to the Java version I have found the Javascript navigation.

All the best,

Alyn

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 12:43:50 PM UTC-5, Alyn wrote:
Merry Christmas to...
Forum: General Discussion December 30th 17, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Alyn
Holiday wishes from the Art on Stamps site!

Merry Christmas to you as well Victor.

I have a question regarding AOS. Most modern browsers do not support Java, will you be providing a non-java way to navigate the site?

All the...
Forum: General Discussion January 4th 13, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Alyn
2013

Thank You I too wish all who frequent RCSD a Happy New Year.

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:48:27 PM UTC-5, Gandalf_le_Gris wrote:
Happy New Year 2013 to the all members of this philatelic...
Forum: General Discussion May 14th 12, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Alyn
The Pioneers and Their "Idols" on Stamps

Victor,

A really good, interesting read. Thanks for the work you put into it.

Alyn
Forum: General Discussion April 27th 12, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 9
Posted By Alyn
Your experience please...

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:45:33 AM UTC-4, gogu wrote:
Hi all!
1) is there a guide for new collectors like the one for coins "Coin
Collecting for Dummies" or similar?
I want...
Forum: General Discussion April 5th 12, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By Alyn
Floating menu. Was: Evaluation of Philatelic Websites Revisited

Good morning Victor,

I agree that there are fundamental differences between Web and traditional print media, but for consistency very few modifications to exhibiting regulations should be made for...
Forum: General Discussion April 4th 12, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By Alyn
Floating menu. Was: Evaluation of Philatelic Websites Revisited

Good morning Victor,

The content of the article seems to be right on, however, I feel that judging guidelines should be based on, and be similar to those used for print literature.

For the menu...
Forum: General Discussion March 15th 12, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 43
Posted By Alyn
[META] On bickering and throwing stones. Was: Newbie question.

Especially as you can not actually -=comprehend=- what was said!

I am not trying to prove anything, and we might want to look at your issue with comprehension as well. It is you that took issue...
Forum: General Discussion March 14th 12, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 43
Posted By Alyn
[META] On bickering and throwing stones. Was: Newbie question.

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:20:10 PM UTC-4, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

collectors have my direct addy so it's not 'taking up space' needed by
alyn and VM.

And I was mentioned why? Are you not...
Forum: General Discussion March 14th 12, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 43
Posted By Alyn
[META] On bickering and throwing stones. Was: Newbie question.

Wow, nice way to bring me up here. You must work wonders at garden parties with all your serious collector friends.

You typify the arrogance that is associated with many 'serious collectors'. I...
Forum: General Discussion February 24th 12, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Alyn
Trolls, Google, etc.

Good morning,

I use google groups as well and if you look at the top right of the
message immediately before the date there is a "More options"
selection underlined in blue. If you click it you...
Forum: General Discussion December 25th 11, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Alyn
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Just want to wish all readers of RCSD a Merry Christmas and Happy
Holidays.
Forum: General Discussion December 22nd 11, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Alyn
My Philatelic Ramblings

SNIP

Hi Alyn,

There is a small difference between both links, one that a trained
philatelist eye, even if aging, cannot overseen:

Forum: General Discussion December 21st 11, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Alyn
My Philatelic Ramblings

Hi Victor,

Snip

This link doesn't work:
Paintings from Canada's Centennial Issue -http://alynlunt.com/stamps/articles/cenpt.html

I just tried the link and it seemed to work:...
Forum: General Discussion December 21st 11, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Alyn
My Philatelic Ramblings

On Dec 21, 11:27*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"Alyn" wrote in message

Snip

I have read with a lot of interest the page: Paintings by...
Forum: General Discussion October 11th 11, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Alyn
Securitate, Philately, and Me in then Communist Romania

Victor, I too would like to thank you for sharing your story.

Alyn
http://alynlunt.com/stamps
my articles: http://alynlunt.com/stamps/arts.html

On Oct 11, 5:25*am, "Victor Manta"...
Forum: General Discussion October 5th 10, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 27
Posted By Alyn
Collection software

Morning all,

Linux has a few out of the box collection invetory solutions that you
might want to consider. GCStar, Tellico are just two off the top of
my head. Google search for Linux Collection...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17