Showing results 1 to 25 of 83
Search took 1.58 seconds.
Forum: Coins June 24th 10, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Baltimore show- my (very late) report

Hi all,

I managed to get to the Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention on
Saturday for a couple of hours. It was overall a good show for me.
Ended up spending more than I had planned, but not more...
Forum: Coins May 11th 10, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Can anyone please id this coin?

On May 11, 10:20*am, "John Sullivan"
wrote:
See:

http://s926.photobucket.com/albums/ad105/Cherryshad/JS%20PICS/

Bronze follis of the Roman emperor Licinius I...
Forum: Coins April 16th 10, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Can anyone identify a coin(s) for me please?

The ID on the 5 yen coin is correct. (Current exchange value is about
5 cents US.) The token I think is also from Japan, since it uses the
Japanese hiragana script. The inscription reads "ya-o-ya"...
Forum: Coins February 21st 10, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 247
Posted By [email protected]
Collecting experience

On Feb 20, 2:13*am, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:
[snip]

Look out, I have some actual numismatic content in my response. Just
going to respond to a small part of your post,...
Forum: Coins February 9th 10, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Costa Rica will keep its currency

Costa Rica held its presidential election on Sunday, and former vice
president Laura Chinchilla has won. She will be Costa Rica's first
female president, which is the angle most of the news reports...
Forum: Coins February 7th 10, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 176
Posted By [email protected]
Snowy RCC?

On Feb 7, 10:17*am, Jud wrote:
Tee hee!!! * Sun shining brightly in Maine, most snow melted last
week. Didn't get a flake this time around. I find it humorous when
Forum: Coins December 15th 09, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Notes on the circulating currency of Costa Rica (or: How I spent mywinter vacation)

Hi all,

Just got back from a two-week trip to Costa Rica. I didn't do
anything directly numismatic-related on the vacation- I was too busy
watching the birds and other wild critters. There is...
Forum: Coins November 28th 09, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Ancient coins. Where to start?

On Nov 27, 4:47*pm, Reid Goldsborough
Avoid eBay, at least until you know a lot more about
ancient coins.

. Much better...
Forum: Coins November 27th 09, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Ancient coins. Where to start?

On Nov 26, 2:13*pm, varois83 wrote:
Hi

I was wondering where one should start to collect ancient coins (Low
end ones). I don't want to become an expert on the subject,...
Forum: Coins November 10th 09, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Owl - again

On Nov 9, 10:18*pm, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:
Here's yet another Owl. Can't get enough. This one is also atypical, and
interesting, and for several reasons, one being...
Forum: Coins November 7th 09, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Owl
Posted By [email protected]
Owl

On Nov 6, 9:39*pm, Anka wrote:
On Nov 6, 9:38 pm, Anka wrote:

The owl doesn't have the problem, it's Athena who's exhibiting some
rather uneven wear and...
Forum: Coins October 19th 09, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Roman Bronze coins

On Oct 19, 1:52*pm, Canadiansailor
wrote:
I am hoping that somone can tell me about two coins that I have
recently bought. *I no almost nothing about Roman coins and...
Forum: Coins September 27th 09, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
vatican city lire

On Sep 26, 12:20*pm, yawnmoth wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_euro_coins#Circulating_Mintage_q...

Vatican City euro coins minted for circulation are quite...
Forum: Coins September 4th 09, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
a good read

On Sep 4, 12:44*am, "Thomas A." wrote:
and cheap, too. *Around 1960 the Numismatist had some of their popular
articles reprinted and hard-bound into four (blue) volumes....
Forum: Coins August 28th 09, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Albert Talton's wild ride: Lessons from a $7 million dollarcounterfeiter

On Aug 27, 6:41*pm, coinsusa wrote:
On Aug 27, 3:07*pm, Duh_OZ wrote:

Every store I go runs the highlighter through large denomination
Forum: Coins August 20th 09, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Must not be a birder

On Aug 19, 8:24*am, Duh_OZ wrote:
I've heard plenty of people refer to Roosevelt as Eisenhower on the
dime, but mistake an eagle for a peacock??

Short...
Forum: Coins August 15th 09, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Speaking of Copper.........Found Maple Leaves

On Aug 14, 6:47*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

There's actually an opening for a '36 dot in a Whitman folder? *The world
will surely end soon!

James the Prophet

I...
Forum: Coins July 27th 09, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Who has been "borrowing" our words? (Long post)

Hi everyone,

I just Googled my own name, and among the expected hits were a couple
on a message board at www.artifactscollectors.com . This puzzled me,
as I don't recall ever posting there. When I...
Forum: Coins June 26th 09, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Pocket Pieces

On Jun 25, 6:56*am, Mike Marotta wrote:

I put a hole in one of these and wore it down from XF/AU to VG
http://imagedb.coinarchives.com/img/cng/081/image00658.jpg

Mike...
Forum: Coins June 25th 09, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Pocket Pieces

On Jun 24, 1:32*pm, "Bob F." wrote:
My numismatic pocket piece is an 1850 Bank of Upper Canada One Penny
Bank Token.
It's about the size of a modern half dollar coin...
Forum: Coins June 11th 09, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
For Mike Marotta (and any other Newton fans)

Hi all,

I just got an email detailing new releases from amazon.com, and it
seems someone has finally written a biography of Isaac Newton that
focuses on his career in the Royal Mint: "Newton and...
Forum: Coins June 10th 09, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
FA: world proof sets and numislit closing on eBay this week ...

On Jun 9, 10:52*pm, "Bob F." wrote:

With the exception of "Silent Movie" which was a complete failure,
"History of the...
Forum: Coins June 10th 09, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
FA: world proof sets and numislit closing on eBay this week ...

On Jun 8, 9:15*pm, Jud wrote:
wrote:

"Torquemada - do not beg him for mercy. *Torquemada - do not beg him
for forgiveness. *Let's face it, you...
Forum: Coins April 28th 09, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Why RCC Sucks

On Apr 28, 6:30*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Apr 24, 4:01?pm, wrote:
Bob Finnan (Bob F.), Bob Olson (oly), and PC...
Forum: Coins April 27th 09, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Ancient Roman Coin

On Apr 26, 10:20*pm, sgt23 wrote:
I was needing to see if any of you could Identify this coins. Thanks
for any help!

Showing results 1 to 25 of 83