Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: darnoc
Forum: 8 Track Tapes May 13th 07, 03:25 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 19
Posted By darnoc
Toyota Tops GM in 1Q Global Auto Sales

Just bought a Yaris S sedan as of 5 weeks ago. Avg. 45 mpg. There's the
reason they're #1. And I'm not a hater of American cars. I'm a hater of
their business model. They offer ONE fuel...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes March 11th 07, 09:46 PM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 13
Posted By darnoc
OT. . .good groups about audio .. Phono preamp settings

Check out that link. It's a really good Sunday reading. He has nice rules
of thumb for wire length and gauge. Funny how McIntosh quit supplying wire
with their speakers and gear 'cause customers...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes March 11th 07, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 13
Posted By darnoc
OT. . .good groups about audio .. Phono preamp settings. . . ETC wollensak 8075A

'preciate it bob.

I bought the Grado Black new cause it was cheap and they have a really good
reputation in the review world. My other cart is a Shure V-15 III.
Frankly, I like the sound of the...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes March 11th 07, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 13
Posted By darnoc
OT. . .good groups about audio .. Phono preamp settings

well I suppose my question is a bit vague. I bought a yamaha cx-830 dirt cheap, for it's ability to handle MC carts -- and maybe later bi-amping. I read somewhere, don't ask where I don't...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes March 10th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 13
Posted By darnoc
OT. . .good groups about audio .. Phono preamp settings

what are some good groups to get general information about audio equipment
etc. You know, what groups are doing well with active posters that know
what they're talking about and not over run with...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes February 21st 07, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 1
Posted By darnoc
OT crossover and one preamp to two amplifiers

I messing with a new crossover. My first attempt. Read that a second order
Butterworth crossover will put the tweeter out of phase. So that it is
wired up negative to positive. Will I also...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes February 10th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 17
Posted By darnoc
Who Turned Off The Heat?

heh. reminds me. Conservatives would love to take us back to the days when
rivers set on fire in this country (god I can't figure out why). Meanwhile
overseas. . . . .

NPR...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes February 9th 07, 03:36 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 17
Posted By darnoc
Who Turned Off The Heat?

Carbon trading is a really good idea. If you haven't seen 'An Inconvenient
Truth' by Al Gore, give it a watch. Really. It's quite good. I've been
watching various climate change shows for...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes January 25th 07, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 16
Posted By darnoc
Whatcha listening on?

yamaha ax-596 amp

B&W 602 S2 speakers
dampened with english oxford dictionaries (unabridged)

yamaha kx-393 cassette deck

wollensak 8075a 8 track

pioneer rt-701 reel
Forum: 8 Track Tapes August 12th 06, 04:26 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 94
Posted By darnoc
Global warming: It's SO EFFING here

and here I contradict myself by replying. *sigh*

"darnoc" wrote in message
chuck ain't worth a reply.

Forum: 8 Track Tapes August 12th 06, 04:22 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 94
Posted By darnoc
Global warming: It's SO EFFING here

And I was taught mathematics by one of the engineers that originally
designed the 350 Chevy. I'll take his word over a shade tree mechanic any
day of the week. Get back to that demo car...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes August 12th 06, 03:42 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 94
Posted By darnoc
Global warming: It's SO EFFING here

chuck ain't worth a reply.

wrote in message

Sunoco premium 93 octane-KING OF THE ROAD wrote:
Forum: 8 Track Tapes July 31st 06, 03:45 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 31
Posted By darnoc
Hot licks for a hot summer. . . what's everybody listening to lately?

Dude, where I'm from, thrift stores are pretty slim pickings. Yea, I got a
copy of "easy rider" in pretty poor condition at the local goodwill for 50
cents, but at the used music/book/comic book...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes July 29th 06, 05:43 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 31
Posted By darnoc
Hot licks for a hot summer. . . what's everybody listening to lately?

My total bad. It was a Dual 731Q not a Thorens.

Mated this tonearm and mat:

http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/67/42/0e_12_sb.JPG

with something like this, minus the rather ugly and deteriorated...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes July 29th 06, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 31
Posted By darnoc
Hot licks for a hot summer. . . what's everybody listening to lately?

Last weekend, I went to my local used music hole. Albums 2 bucks and
cassettes 3 bucks. Got the following stuff.

Cassettes:

Aaron Neville - the grand tour
Bobby McFerrin -- simple pleasures
Leo...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes July 29th 06, 12:54 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 94
Posted By darnoc
Global warming: It's HEEEEEERE....

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/

BTW, this heat news is fairly amusing to me tho. Never had AC my whole
life. Was it hot last week? goddamn right. didn't sleep at all Friday
before last. But...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes July 29th 06, 12:43 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 94
Posted By darnoc
Global warming: It's HEEEEEERE....

Anybody been watching the new data coming out? It's called global
dimming -- no ****, I'm making this up. NOVA had a nice special on it about
a month ago. The NOVA website has more info.

In a...
Forum: 8 Track Tapes July 17th 06, 02:26 AM Posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Replies: 14
Posted By darnoc
Rare Cream cart? yardbirds

a dude (a buddy of mine works with) lent me "Yardbirds", damn good album. .
..too bad it ain't in good shape. wobbly crinkled mess. Has the hole
drilled in it for overstock or defective or...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19