Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: scotkamins
Forum: Coins December 3rd 12, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By scotkamins
Where have all the collectors gone?

Hi Folks,

Last time I was here was several years ago. At that time dozens of
messages were posted here every day. Unless my newsfeed has gone
kerbluey, I'm seeing just a few messages AT MOST for...
Forum: Books June 20th 10, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By scotkamins
Nice Find, No binding

In article ,
"Francis A. Miniter" wrote:

This weekend I came upon a 2nd printing of Mark Twain's The
Innocents Abroad...
Forum: Books March 23rd 10, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By scotkamins
Collecting books

In article
,
J wrote:

I must confess I didn't have anything particular to say today, but I
was upset...
Forum: Books March 1st 10, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By scotkamins
the market in second-hand e-books

In article ,
"Scurvy Dog" wrote:

"scotkamins" wrote in message
Forum: Books February 28th 10, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By scotkamins
the market in second-hand e-books

In article ,
"Scurvy Dog" wrote:

You have erroneously attributed weary flake's musings to me in your last
post.

Egad --...

"Scurvy Dog" wrote:

You have erroneously attributed weary flake's musings to me in your last
post.

Egad --...
Forum: Books February 28th 10, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By scotkamins
the market in second-hand e-books

In article ,
weary flake wrote:

"Scurvy Dog" wrote:

Who are you two questioning? There...
Forum: Books February 28th 10, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books

"Scurvy Dog" wrote:

"scotkamins" wrote in message
Forum: Books February 11th 10, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By scotkamins
Why America can't find Osama bin Laden

In article
,
Vito wrote:

http://www.lulu.com/product/download/missing-terrorist/6310363
In the mankind...
Forum: Books October 21st 09, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Replies: 135
Posted By scotkamins
Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ) (IMPORTANT UPDATE)

In article ,
"Stanley Moore" wrote:

It certainly sounds complicated. But the news channels have to simplify the
issues for...
Forum: Books June 9th 09, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By scotkamins
James Joyce FOTL

In article ,
"Bob F." wrote:

Got a Modern Library copy of "Ulysses" by James Joyce at the town
library book sale today.
Forum: Books April 30th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By scotkamins
REBECCA Modern Library 1938

In article
,
" wrote:

Does the 1938 Modern Library version of Rebecca have a facsimile
Forum: Books April 16th 09, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By scotkamins
Modern Library Sighting

In article ,
"Bob F." wrote:

"scotkamins" wrote in message
Forum: Books April 15th 09, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By scotkamins
Modern Library Sighting

In article ,
"Bob F." wrote:

Was watching "The Petrified Forest" (1936) tonight and the poetry book
Bette Davis was reading was a...
Forum: Books March 1st 09, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.books.collecting
Replies: 0
Posted By scotkamins
Haldeman-Julius Collectors Website Started

Folks,
I've started a non-commercial hobbyist website for collectors of Emanuel
Haldeman-Julius (H-J) publications at http://www.little-blue-books.com.
Its the intention of the brand-new website to...
Forum: Books March 1st 09, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By scotkamins
Things found in books

In article ,
"RWF" wrote:

I picked up a couple of old NYC history books at a local thrift shop
yesterday.
When I got home and started...
Forum: Books January 20th 09, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By scotkamins
Restockimg fee

In article ,
"James Weston" wrote:

"Bill" wrote in
I gave the seller an Amazon Marketplace rating of 1 star...
Forum: Books January 11th 09, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By scotkamins
Bad news for book lovers

In article ,
"Lorrie S." wrote:

boo hoo.....you're breaking my heart

"J" wrote in message
Forum: Books December 6th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 15
Posted By scotkamins
Little Blue Books?

In article ,
(Joe Morris) wrote:

Very interesting. I got some of these from my great-aunt years ago and
that website has each listed -- strange...
Forum: Books December 6th 08, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 15
Posted By scotkamins
Little Blue Books?

In article ,
Some Guy wrote:

I've got a bunch of these I have no interest in keeping. If you want
them, let me know.

I'm...
Forum: Books November 22nd 08, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By scotkamins
Group/email list for Haldeman-Julius Pubs Formed

This discussion group/email list deals with all phases of the
publications of Emmanuel Haldeman-Julius, including but not limited to
the following series:

€ Appeal's Pocket Series
€ People's...
Forum: Books November 11th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 15
Posted By scotkamins
Little Blue Books?

In article
,
RPN wrote:

On Nov 3, 2:43*pm, scotkamins wrote:
Folks,

I...
Forum: Books November 6th 08, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 15
Posted By scotkamins
Little Blue Books?

In article ,

On 2008-11-03, scotkamins wrote:
Folks,

I recently discovered a...
Forum: Books November 4th 08, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 15
Posted By scotkamins
Little Blue Books?

In article ,
Some Guy wrote:

Well, there was a bookstore in SD that had a big box of them for about
50 cents each....
Forum: Books November 3rd 08, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 15
Posted By scotkamins
Little Blue Books?

Folks,

I recently discovered a series of numbered books (pamphlets really,
about 64 pages each) called the Little Blue Books. These guys started
around 1919 and there are around 2,000 titles...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25