Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sterrys@ no.spam.sbcglobal.net
Forum: Coins January 25th 12, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Dansco Type Album

On 23-Jan-2012, "Dennis G Rears" wrote:

I have a Dansco Type album (#7070). I recently bought a Coronet...
Forum: Coins December 12th 11, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 54
Copper Bullion

On 11-Dec-2011, Reid Goldsborough wrote:

Forum: Coins December 10th 11, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Penny AKA cent hoarding article

On 10-Dec-2011, sgt23 wrote:

I would hope that banks would charge a fee to roll searchers to exchange
their coins.

Why would you care?

Well, banks have to...
Forum: Coins December 9th 11, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Penny AKA cent hoarding article

On 8-Dec-2011, Duh_OZ wrote:

Snip:
=====================
Joe Henry is on a first name basis with bank tellers across his
hometown of Medford, Ore., scouring 15 banks...
Forum: Coins November 5th 11, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Is the U.S. Mint Breaking the Law?

On 4-Nov-2011, Bob wrote:

According to the U.S. Mint website, the gold American Eagle coins are
required by law to be minted from gold newly-mined in the United
States:
Forum: Coins November 1st 11, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Jar filled with $20 Double Eagle gold coins

Double Eagles discovered in the garden of a London home where they were
buried in fear of
a Nazi invasion are expected to sell for a total of around £80,000 in a
London auction on
November...
Forum: Coins October 30th 11, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Victorian England

In 1867 it was $4.85. And I believe about 40-50 years before and after that.
The pound was very stable. Thats gold dollars of course. I disremember when
the greenback came out which would have had a...
Forum: Coins August 10th 11, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
$100 Bills

On 8-Aug-2011, "Bremick" wrote:

If you do use $100 bills often, do you do so to have less paper in your
wallet? Is it because you don't like to use plastic? Are there
Forum: Coins May 20th 11, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
pcgs grading

On 20-May-2011, Mike Benveniste wrote:

The primary distributors were not supposed to sell different grades of
coins at different prices, so there was no advantage to them of...
Forum: Coins April 21st 11, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Gold and Silver on the move

On 20-Apr-2011, "Beanie" wrote:

sterrys@ no.spam.sbcglobal.net wrote in message

On 19-Apr-2011, "Beanie" wrote:

Forum: Coins April 20th 11, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Gold and Silver on the move

On 19-Apr-2011, "Beanie" wrote:

"Beanie" wrote in message
Gold close to $1500, silver working on $44.
Can $2000 gold and $50...
Forum: Coins April 20th 11, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Madagascar?

On 19-Apr-2011, pindborg wrote:

Hi

I have recently bought a cut 8 reales, and the coin dealer said that
it was used on Madagascar, but I can't find any reference to...
Forum: Coins April 10th 11, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Silver breaks $40

On 9-Apr-2011, Ken Barr wrote:

A local coin store that has established a gold/silver exchange is buying
.999 silver at spot and selling at + 3.2%. ASE buying at +1.05 %...
Forum: Coins April 8th 11, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Silver breaks $40

On 8-Apr-2011, oly wrote:

On Apr 8, 11:46*am, "Beanie" wrote:
Silver and gold are up again.
Gold is reaching record highs and silver seems poised to take...
Forum: Coins April 5th 11, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
silver for spot or less

On 5-Apr-2011, Frank Provasek wrote:

Tulving pays $2.60 over spot for these, so there are few people
selling
legitimate ASEs for under those prices.

Jack Hunt finally...
Forum: Coins March 11th 11, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Techniques for cracking open slabs?

On 11-Mar-2011, Frank Galikanokus "Frank wrote:

anie wrote:

Anyone have some safe, foolproof ways of cracking open slabs - methods
that
don't damage the...
Forum: Coins January 18th 11, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
America the Beautiful bullion

Well I managed order # 268 from A-Mark. $ 875.33 plus $ 99.00 shipping. The
shipping is so high because they use Naked Virgin Guaranteed Delivery, Inc.
Forum: Coins January 8th 11, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Please help with MS coin grading

On 8-Jan-2011, Ray wrote:

I have some gold coins that I bought 50 years ago. The $20 coins were
sold as...
Forum: Coins September 30th 10, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
What Has Happened To Ebay??????

Starting at the retial price and letting it be a real auction ?
Forum: Coins September 30th 10, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Philippine Silver Peso

20 grams, .800 silver, .5144 oz/tr ASW. Do the math.
Forum: Coins August 12th 10, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 39
Buy Gold, Obama wants to steal your 401(k)

As long as you are calm in the morning. When I was there it was also frozen.
Forum: Coins July 7th 10, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Money laundering in Zimbabwe takes soap

Probably not. There are too many varieties for an illiterate country with no
background of our presidents, fables and heroines. They would not know hat
is a good one and what not. Even most of our...
Forum: Coins June 28th 10, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Surface Matrix Sealing

This seems to apply to porus or sintered metals. Coins are usually solid.
Forum: Coins June 19th 10, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Kings Bay submarine base moves to dollar coins

A month or so ago the PX at Ft. Sam Houston was doing the 50-50 bit. Have
not used cash there lately so don't know if it is still going on.
Forum: Coins June 14th 10, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36