Showing results 1 to 25 of 241
Search took 0.97 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian Ketterling
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 26th 11, 05:25 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Time named ballpoint pen as an "All-Time 100 Gadget"

Like the lone story commenter,"Ish Kabibble", I "...remember the [BiC]
commercials with the guy shooting one out of a rifle through a board and it
still writing". So (while I don't know if they're...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 15th 11, 05:46 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Restoring Lettering to Stamped Names

"Halfhyde" wrote in message

A number of years ago I read a post somewhere on a method to restore
names and...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 10th 10, 11:23 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Ross George Speedball pen personal tools ~ boy, do I have questions!

I can't offer any expertise, but it seems a shame to trickle the collection
away on fleabay. Have you tried contacting any museums with graphic art
collections, or some of the better auction houses?...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 15th 10, 07:47 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Christmas Gift for a Fountain Pen Collecting Friend

"Jim Dalin" wrote in message
Are there any special inks that any of
you would be happy to get as a...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 5th 10, 09:21 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Stylocentricity

"Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" wrote in message
It's probably done by the same people who (and this drives me NUTS) think
that someone who...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 5th 10, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Should Students Still Be Taught Cursive Writing?

In ,
Bluesea wrote:

"Brian Ketterling" wrote...
...The arguments
against seem shaky and inconsistent, and I wonder how much...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 31st 10, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Should Students Still Be Taught Cursive Writing?

In ,
Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

I think it's really sad that this is even a question.

-- And it seems to have become a recurrent...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 24th 10, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Where'd everybody go?

In ,
l, not -l wrote:

Nearly everyone is over at one of the following places, waiting for you to
drop by.

Forum: Pens & Pencils May 4th 10, 09:34 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 10
Posted By Brian Ketterling
A copperplate signature

In ,
Ed wrote:

On May 2, 5:24 am, "Brian Ketterling"... wrote:
...What era is it from?

Good...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 2nd 10, 10:24 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 10
Posted By Brian Ketterling
A copperplate signature

I'll third that: "Mrs. Chas W. Storms."

I wouldn't really call it Copperplate, though -- more like her version of
Spencerian, or a similar business hand. What era is it from?

Brian
--
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 14th 10, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 31

In ,
Alan J wrote:

...It should be possible to use a cone-shaped spacer to centre
the point properly, but I don't have the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 13th 10, 05:56 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 31
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Post your favorite pen!

In ,
wrote:

Glad to see people still frequent here. Still like the format better
than FPN. Just seems easier...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 13th 10, 05:51 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 31
Posted By Brian Ketterling
REQ: Post your favorite pen!

In ,
Alan J wrote:

"Brian Ketterling"... wrote...
If I could figure out what solvent Parker used in their porous-point
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 12th 10, 03:48 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 31
Posted By Brian Ketterling
REQ: Post your favorite pen!

In ,
l, not -l wrote:

And LiquidLead refills for my Parker pencil

There were some "liquid lead" pencils from China on the market...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 11th 10, 07:26 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 31
Posted By Brian Ketterling
REQ: Post your favorite pen!

In ,
Kent Brockman wrote:

My favorite is the Bic Banana; but, I haven't been able to find them for a
while. Wish I had a gross...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 11th 10, 06:36 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 31
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Post your favorite pen!

In ,
Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

"Brian Ketterling"
writes:
Have you previously...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 10th 10, 08:10 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 31
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Post your favorite pen!

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
...I'm posting them to alt.binaries.pens-pencils now.

(on ABP-P:)
I've finally gotten...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 9th 10, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 31
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Post your favorite pen!

In news:op.u9swszto0p3ku8@localhost,
Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

I thought I had some photos of my daily writer around here, but I guess
not. I'll have to get some new ones...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 18th 10, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 31
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Post your favorite pen!

In news:op.u9fp7wry0p3ku8@localhost,
Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

So, it's been quiet here, but I was just thinking that it would be really
cool if everyone could post up pictures...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 23rd 09, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Tissue Paper

In ,
Sparafucile wrote:

Old [all-cotton] T-shirt cut into 8 inch squares
& folded...

That's a good idea -- no "fluff" to get in...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 14th 09, 11:07 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Survey: Current Pens & Inks

In ,
Bluesea wrote:

(Why do I just know that pens and inks are plural instead of singular?)

Because except for the occasional...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 29th 09, 09:13 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Pelikan blue-black change?

I bought a bottle in July, and it was what I expected. However, a member of
FPN just bought one and reported that it looks more like Waterman Florida
Blue. Has anyone here bought a bottle recently?...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 10th 09, 06:13 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Looking to identify a Cross ballpoint

In ,
netcat wrote:

I have a Cross ballpoint pen that I have trouble locating refills for. I
mean I know where to...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 5th 09, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Cleaning

It happens for me all the time. Those tendrils are sort of cool to watch as
they start, and gradually form a pool in the bottom of the cup.

-- Brian
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 10th 09, 09:20 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 54
Posted By Brian Ketterling
Long-term storage of ballpoints

In ,
Jimmy wrote:

I've often wondered if industrial ruby or sapphire could be used in
place of the so-called "iridium" - the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 241