Showing results 1 to 25 of 129
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Forum: Coins June 30th 10, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
1897 O Barber DDR?

Found the following thread in another discussion group. I can find no
other reference to this coin in DDR. Opinion?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=332728.new;topicseen#new
Forum: Coins May 13th 10, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Q's abuot selling U.S. silver

On May 12, 3:56 pm, (Al Dykes) wrote:
I have about 10 pounds of US silver coinage collected from circulation
when that was possible. I'd like to cash it in. With my luck, I...
Forum: Coins May 10th 10, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Nice Ebay find purchase

Recently purchased from Ebay a Shield Nickel, where the seller wasn't
positive of the date. It is worn. Received coin today, and discovered:
1879!!! YIPEE!! I'll post photos if anyone's interested....
Forum: Coins May 3rd 10, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
When does "misaligned die" become an indication of "doubled die"strike?

On May 3, 10:48 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Michael Benveniste wrote:
"Ken Barr" wrote:

The twentieth century overdated coins - the...
Forum: Coins May 3rd 10, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
When does "misaligned die" become an indication of "doubled die"strike?

On May 3, 6:24 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
wrote:
I've been trying, without much success, to research this question. I
have recently noticed...
Forum: Coins May 3rd 10, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
When does "misaligned die" become an indication of "doubled die"strike?

I've been trying, without much success, to research this question. I
have recently noticed several minor doublings that I first notice in
doubled rim strikes; sometimes as many as 3 strikes for what...
Forum: Coins April 15th 10, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
1922 Peace Dollar error?

On Apr 14, 3:35 pm, Peter wrote:
On Apr 14, 2:01 pm, wrote:

Just added more photos comparing the 1922 with a common-date 1923 for
side-by-side...
Forum: Coins April 14th 10, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
1922 Peace Dollar error?

On Apr 13, 10:40 am, Peter wrote:
On Apr 13, 1:15 pm, wrote:

On Apr 12, 7:43 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
[snip]

Forum: Coins April 13th 10, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
1922 Peace Dollar error?

On Apr 12, 7:43 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
[snip]

Don't know. Doubt it. Why counterfeit a cheap Peace dollar issue? Same
diameter and approximate weight of...
Forum: Coins April 13th 10, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
anyone finding great lincolns

On Apr 3, 12:07 pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mar...
Forum: Coins April 13th 10, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
1922 Peace Dollar error?

On Apr 12, 7:31 pm, Peter wrote:
On Apr 12, 3:37 pm, wrote:

Took photos of this recently, and had to look again.

1922 Peace Dollar.

Looks...
Forum: Coins April 12th 10, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
1922 Peace Dollar error?

Took photos of this recently, and had to look again.

1922 Peace Dollar.

Looks like a lot of cuds and rim cracks.

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/album/577322307BLUtcb

Daniel B. Wheeler
Forum: Coins April 3rd 10, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Shield nickel struck thru cloth

On Apr 2, 9:42 pm, Jud wrote:
On Apr 2, 10:48 pm, wrote:

I don't think it matches the description, though. A split planchet
should have striations:...
Forum: Coins April 3rd 10, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Shield nickel struck thru cloth

On Apr 3, 7:09 am, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
[snip]

You asked for opinions.
I did.
Then you want to argue when you get them.
I'm not arguing. I thought we were discussing a...
Forum: Coins April 3rd 10, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Shield nickel struck thru cloth

On Apr 2, 5:59 pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
wrote in message

On Apr 2,...
Forum: Coins April 3rd 10, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Shield nickel struck thru cloth

On Apr 2, 5:49 pm, wrote:
On Apr 2, 5:13 pm, wrote: Today I received an Ebay purchase of 2 Shield nickels. I was

Just took photos of above and posted...
Forum: Coins April 3rd 10, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
anyone finding great lincolns

On Mar 28, 9:41 pm, (james durham) wrote:
just curious to know because i roll hunt all the time i find stuff.
thats the best part of this hobby. you can allways find things...
Forum: Coins April 3rd 10, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Shield nickel struck thru cloth

On Apr 2, 5:59 pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
wrote in message

On Apr 2,...
Forum: Coins April 3rd 10, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Apr 2, 5:13 pm, wrote:
Today I received an Ebay purchase of 2 Shield nickels. I was
Just took photos of above and posted...
Forum: Coins April 3rd 10, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Shield nickel struck thru cloth

Today I received an Ebay purchase of 2 Shield nickels. I was
especially curious about one, which is atypical. I took it to a local
coin dealer, who declined to speculate on what it was or what it...
Forum: Coins August 12th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
FA: 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter AU or better

On Aug 9, 3:57 am, Ira wrote:
On Aug 7, 5:13 pm, wrote:

Currently with one bid, a 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter in what I
would call AU 55 or better...
Forum: Coins August 7th 09, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
FA: 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter AU or better

Currently with one bid, a 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter in what I
would call AU 55 or better condition. A steal at current price.

Daniel B. Wheeler
Forum: Coins June 24th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
1888 Indian Head cent DDO/?

On Jun 24, 2:14 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
wrote in message

Forum: Coins June 24th 08, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
1888 Indian Head cent DDO/?

On Jun 23, 2:35 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
wrote in message

Forum: Coins June 23rd 08, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
1888 Indian Head cent DDO/?

On Jun 23, 1:27 pm, reality wrote: