Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Juke Boxes May 29th 17, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Rockola 440 Gripper and Magazine Motor Blowing Fuses

Hello John. You once helped me fix a 484 that I sold for a nice profit. I now own another--stupid me. It has about 6 issues that I'm pretty sure I can fix... One issue that I'm not sure about is...
Forum: Juke Boxes October 7th 14, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Rockola 440 Gripper and Magazine Motor Blowing Fuses

John,
After about 200 plays the circuit breaker started popping. I tried my voodoo again with an external supply and it worked for about 40 plays--then the breaker started popping again.

I pulled...
Forum: Juke Boxes October 2nd 14, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Rockola 440 Gripper and Magazine Motor Blowing Fuses

John I feel very dumb. I just checked eBay to see what a used motor might cost and learned that the gear box is part of the motor. I thought that they were two separate things and that I could remove...
Forum: Juke Boxes October 2nd 14, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Rockola 440 Gripper and Magazine Motor Blowing Fuses

Perfect. You really know this stuff! Separately, the unit has 2 AA batteries to remember the top 3 selections. --they look to be fresh and working. Under the turn table is an old battery wired...
Forum: Juke Boxes October 2nd 14, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Rockola 440 Gripper and Magazine Motor Blowing Fuses

Hi, I just want to be clear so I don't screw up. Do I turn it while pulling it away out of the gear box? --Or do I have to open or remove the gear box too? The drawing shows a little ball bearing...
Forum: Juke Boxes October 2nd 14, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Rockola 440 Gripper and Magazine Motor Blowing Fuses

I hear you loud and clear--I'm just saying that this is a weird electronic phenomena... I've been playing song after song now (30-40) and even put the circuit breaker back into action. I cleaned and...
Forum: Juke Boxes October 1st 14, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Rockola 440 Gripper and Magazine Motor Blowing Fuses

Appreciate all the discussion here as I've gotten an old 484 working and all greased up but it too blows the motor fuse (I already jumped the lower-amp circuit breaker). Based on the info in this...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7