Showing results 1 to 25 of 187
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alan Hood
Forum: Juke Boxes December 13th 19, 01:30 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Tim, I normally set up the tracking weight...

Hello Tim,

I normally set up the tracking weight to be about 3.5 grames.

Have you stripped down the turntable motor to remove old lubrication and the check for wear? There should be up and down...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 12th 19, 01:03 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi Cliff, The 1000, 1100 and 1200 mechanisms use...

Hi Cliff,

The 1000, 1100 and 1200 mechanisms use an idlerwheel that is mounted on a linkage that makes the idlerwheel turn against the inside edge of the turntable. If you are in the USA then the...
Forum: Juke Boxes November 20th 18, 01:15 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Scotty, I am glad you like the jukebox,...

Hello Scotty,

I am glad you like the jukebox, please let us know how you get on with it.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Forum: Juke Boxes November 19th 18, 01:04 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi John, That sounds a good idea, please let me...

Hi John,

That sounds a good idea, please let me know when you next over here.
I am in Sheffield which is just slightly north of the midlands.

Regards
Alan
Forum: Juke Boxes November 15th 18, 12:05 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Scotty, Rowe Ami for many years have used...

Hello Scotty,

Rowe Ami for many years have used 14 volt lamps for their sound to light units and around attract panels etc.

Make sure that you get the correct lamps and not 12 volt versions that...
Forum: Juke Boxes October 1st 18, 02:04 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Eric, Unless you build some form of...

Hello Eric,
Unless you build some form of switching circuit for the mute, the best option might be to unplug the mute plag on the amplifier. Regards Alan Hood ami-man UK
Forum: Juke Boxes July 5th 18, 12:42 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello it sounds like your keyboard 0 switch is...

Hello it sounds like your keyboard 0 switch is faulty, you can take the keyboard apart carefully but it is a task to do it, holding springs in place while trying to sort it out. You best option might...
Forum: Juke Boxes April 18th 18, 09:53 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Felix, As John says you need to adjust the...

Hello Felix,

As John says you need to adjust the opto switch after cleaning it and the drive gear that it senses. You will need to have a manual to attchieve this.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Forum: Juke Boxes April 6th 18, 11:07 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi Mark, Have you checked the Tormat wiper pins,...

Hi Mark,

Have you checked the Tormat wiper pins, the fine braded wire may have broken on the A side contact.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Forum: Juke Boxes January 11th 18, 11:21 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi Mickey, I have contacted you direct....

Hi Mickey,

I have contacted you direct.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Forum: Juke Boxes January 3rd 18, 03:45 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Alan Hood
Disconnect the two pin plug to the cut off...

Disconnect the two pin plug to the cut off switch, if the record is not cancelled then the reed switch is faulty and has a short on it.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Forum: Juke Boxes August 23rd 17, 10:13 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi Stu, First of all can you let us have the...

Hi Stu,

First of all can you let us have the amplifier number (model number) if it is the correct amplifier it will be 125 watt part number 6-07438-01 (the revision number could be different -01...
Forum: Juke Boxes June 20th 17, 09:43 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi Paul, Is the mechanism a Rowe Ami or Rock...

Hi Paul,

Is the mechanism a Rowe Ami or Rock Ola, also what laser head is fitted CDM-3, CDM-4, CDM-12 or CD-PRO?

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Forum: Juke Boxes April 19th 17, 04:08 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi Ryan, If you switch off the Playmaker Mode...

Hi Ryan,

If you switch off the Playmaker Mode switch and put the Norm/Test button to test and press the popular button on the keyboard, what happens?

Have you tested the number 1 & 2...
Forum: Juke Boxes April 12th 17, 10:00 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Robert, Its a while since we were last in...

Hello Robert,

Its a while since we were last in contact.

The small wedge lamps are 14 volts, there was an issue with some suppliers supplying 12 volt versions, these overloaded the sound to light...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 26th 17, 12:53 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Taylor, I would keep everything original...

Hello Taylor,

I would keep everything original if I were you, are there problems with your speakers cones for example. If that is the case I would get the originals reconed or purchase some good...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 21st 16, 12:13 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Frank, I have a spare copy of the Service...

Hello Frank,

I have a spare copy of the Service Manual for the Model 459 (100 selection) and the 460 (160 selection) jukebox, Rock Ola part number 49812.

Please contact me if you wish to purchase...
Forum: Juke Boxes August 25th 16, 12:56 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Hood
I would test a board in a wallbox for you to make...

I would test a board in a wallbox for you to make sure the board worked correctly for selection and tittle page operation.

The price for the board would be £75.00 plus the cost of the delivery...
Forum: Juke Boxes August 23rd 16, 10:52 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi does the wall box select the correct CD? If...

Hi does the wall box select the correct CD?

If it does with the display board that has the title page problem, i suggest that you check all the connections on the molex plugs going to and from the...
Forum: Juke Boxes August 19th 16, 12:10 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi spag256, Basically there are four cables that...

Hi spag256,

Basically there are four cables that are marked at both ends

You need a 28 to 30 volt supply so:-

AC
AC Common
Logic Common
Data
Forum: Juke Boxes February 15th 16, 02:23 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Alan Hood
I can just supply the brackets if that is all you...

I can just supply the brackets if that is all you need.

Send me a PM or email me with your details.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Forum: Juke Boxes February 12th 16, 11:21 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi John, I can sort you out with that, just to...

Hi John,

I can sort you out with that, just to confirm are we talking right-hand side looking at the front of the jukebox?

The transportation costs these days to New Zealand will be more than the...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 15th 16, 01:45 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Hood
Hi John, Please send a pm or email me and I will...

Hi John,

Please send a pm or email me and I will give you the details.
Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Forum: Juke Boxes January 14th 16, 12:37 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Chuck, As John check out the sprag wheel...

Hello Chuck,

As John check out the sprag wheel to see if the teeth on the gear are damaged, also check out the stem bushing to make sure they have not rotted (usually happens when people lubricate...
Forum: Juke Boxes August 26th 15, 02:00 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan Hood
Hello Dave, You need to check for dry joints...

Hello Dave,

You need to check for dry joints (called cold joints in the USA) on all of the connection pins on all of the boards.
It sounds as if you have board faults, and an issue with the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 187