Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob
Forum: Books August 1st 06, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 24
Posted By Bob
Amazon now commits mail fraud

Mike Brewster wrote:
Hey Mr. Troll:
As far as I know, Amazon doesn't accept checks.
Nice rant though!

Stick to what you know something about. Like how to jerk off to a Hardy
Boys...
Forum: Books July 31st 06, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 24
Posted By Bob
Amazon now commits mail fraud

Amazon Steals wrote:
All of the items were listed on the order page as being sold by Amazon.com.
This is not a "merchandise return". This is an order cancellation for
non-delivery of six...
Forum: Books July 24th 06, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob
A collection of two books

There are a couple of juvenile series that had very short runs although
the practice of issuing "breeder" sets of 3 books limits the amount of
2 volumes sets.
One recent one comes to mind though: The...
Forum: Books July 23rd 06, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob
A collection of two books

Jon Meyers wrote:
Okay, but you're also going to miss the story of a 1920 thresher
extracted from a barn in Indiana using two pickups, a John Deere 830
diesel tractor, and a "disconnect lowboy...
Forum: Books July 23rd 06, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob
A collection of two books

Jon Meyers wrote:
Some time back, someone wondered whether or not a "collection", properly
speaking, could consist of as few as two books. To demonstrate that it
can, and that there is no...
Forum: Books July 20th 06, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
All praise to R. Dunaway, Bookseller...

Carney Wilde wrote:
Books of Wonder (a children's bookstore), also on West 18th St,

Ah, Books Of Wonder.
The only wonder is how they manage to sell any books with the
exorbitant prices they...
Forum: Books July 17th 06, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob
Charter and FAQ

Kris Baker wrote:
What "home" page?

Why your "Kris Baker, Queen Of Scheisser Flicks" page of course, you
silly goose!
Forum: Books July 16th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob
Best Novel of Summer!

Shelf Space wrote:
http://hitler-symphonies.co.uk/page8.html

So much for your promise to leave this group and move on to greener
pastures.
What happened? Those moderated groups you pined for...
Forum: Books July 15th 06, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob
What kind of eraser to use?

Kris Baker wrote:
It's likely to have been one person. While I've been the named
"target", it's obvious that their real purpose is to destroy newsgroups.
It's happened to other groups, and it...
Forum: Books July 15th 06, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob
What kind of eraser to use?

Kris Baker wrote:

I could file charges, but she's (and yes, I believe it's a female) is
not worth my time. Anyone else who's been forged in the middle
of this mess, has my support and...
Forum: Books July 14th 06, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.antiques,rec.collecting.books,alt.suicide.holiday
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob
I'm going to kill myself!!!

Kurt wrote:
In article ,
"MooOutLoud" wrote:

Blast yourself into orbit, jump out of your craft and instant...
Forum: Books July 14th 06, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 26
Posted By Bob
What's with fairly recent Modern Library prices?

"reposter" wrote in message

These are more than enough to dissuade any casual readers from wanting
to read any more
Forum: Books July 14th 06, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 26
Posted By Bob
Non-KB related junk posts WAS: What's with fairly recent Modern Library prices?

my-wings wrote:

I think you were trying to be helpful, but the result was only annoying, not
to mention a violation of copyright law. (The reason it's OK to repost
others words on Usenet under...
Forum: Books July 12th 06, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
Pathetic Discussion Group

Shelf Space wrote:

I won't bother with it again and may seek out some other moderated
forum where genuinely intelligent book-loving people congregate. This
group is deeply unpleasant.

Don't...
Forum: Books July 11th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob
Charter and FAQ

John R. Yamamoto-Wilson wrote:
ret_teach_35 wrote:

How do I find the newsgroup charter and FAQ?

Google is your friend:

Forum: Books July 10th 06, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
L@@K! MUST SEE! RARE!

fundog wrote:
over 20 National Geographic Magazines...read, used - $8

These are what has remained from a large collection... THese are issues
mainly from early 1990s.
All good issues......
Forum: Books July 9th 06, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
Henry Kingsbury of Ipswich Genealogy Book

krik999 wrote:
Hello.

I recently picked up a copy of The Genealogy of the Descendants of Henry
Kingsbury of Ipswich and Haverhill, Mass. first edition book. It is
numbered #17 out of a 300...
Forum: Books July 7th 06, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob
Quasi-tissue guards?

Sam wrote:
Why must you respond to every spam BOB?

I don't, I just enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of Kris Baker.
Perhaps you should improve your reading comprehension skills.
Forum: Books July 7th 06, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob
Quasi-tissue guards?

Kris Baker wrote:

Kris
Sorry for my bad joke
Sometimes..... ;)

No, fat ass, it wasn't a bad joke - IT WAS SPAM!
After all your ranting and raving about spam and off-topic posts to
this...
Forum: Books July 6th 06, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob
Quasi-tissue guards?

Kris Baker wrote:
"my-wings" wrote in message
I picked up a copy of *Gun Engraving Review* today, and...
Forum: Books July 6th 06, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob
poet are complete crazy

Francis A. Miniter wrote:

The more interesting question, Bob, is why a clear majority of your
posts are responses to posts by Kris?

Because she is an abuser of Usenet and a closet spammer, not...
Forum: Books July 6th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob
poet are complete crazy

Kris Baker wrote:

He's just ****ed
because I publicly asked him not to spam, years ago (rather than reporting
him to his ISP, like I would a drop-and-bomber.)

No Kris, you fat-assed sow, it...
Forum: Books July 5th 06, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob
poet are complete crazy

Kris Baker wrote:
"poetfree" wrote in message
poet are complete crazy

u r rite

Why must you respond to every spam Kris?...
Forum: Books July 3rd 06, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
Scandel in the Making

fundog wrote:

The interesting thing about DaVinci Code is what an atrocious piece of
writing it is. I barely made it thru 100 pages before throwing it out in the
backyard for the goat.

You...
Forum: Books July 3rd 06, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 15
Posted By Bob
Research Study on Women's Thoughts

Kris Baker wrote:
...but not the kind of people I'd want to talk to.

Which people are those Kris? The ones in your psych ward?
--
RWF
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26