Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rod allan
Forum: General Discussion January 25th 11, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rod allan
Italy what is this?

I see,
thank you very much.

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Jan 24, 6:44 pm, "rod allan"...
Forum: General Discussion January 24th 11, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rod allan
Italy what is this?

bottom row
2nd left
what overprint is that?
Forum: General Discussion January 24th 11, 07:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rod allan
Italy what is this?

G'day Pierre,

I had a porte timbre vignette

and did not know what the hell it was (wine parcel label I thought)

I copied that French from an online auction catalogue that had one for sale
(10...
Forum: General Discussion January 24th 11, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rod allan
Italy what is this?

Thank you my friend,
helpful advice as usual.

I cannot believe in 10 years I have not come across these.
Using the text on my example
I spent hours kicking tyres on the web without result.

Cheers
Forum: General Discussion January 24th 11, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rod allan
Italy what is this?

Thank you Richard,
a totally new concept for moi.
They do look fascinating.
Thanks for addressing my query

Port Timbre Vignette

check this...
Forum: General Discussion January 23rd 11, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By rod allan
Sage and Hungary

All praise to Nigel c from UK

I've seen this one before on a GB stamp. It's a mark of the Magyar Kir.
Adria Company, a Hungarian steamship company in the Adriatic.

Here's a picture of the...
Forum: General Discussion January 23rd 11, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rod allan
Italy what is this?

Stamp dealer Florence

"rod allan" wrote in message
ITALIE. Porte-timbre d'Emilio NERI - Négociant en TP à Florence....
Forum: General Discussion January 23rd 11, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rod allan
Italy what is this?

ITALIE. Porte-timbre d'Emilio NERI - Négociant en TP à Florence. Neuf. Sans
charnière.
Forum: General Discussion January 3rd 11, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By rod allan
Questions on modern Chinese stamps

They are automatic dot matrix cancellers
when going through the sorting route.

US Australia have similar, some in barcodes, some in date code formats.

quite common.

"Jan-Martin Hertzsch"...
Forum: General Discussion December 4th 10, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By rod allan
Software for splitting different stamp images

I scanned five stamps at 300 dpi instead of the default 200 dpi on my HP
1315 All-In-One, saved the file as a lossless PNG, changed the background
color to true black in Photoshop Elements,...
Forum: General Discussion November 27th 10, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By rod allan
Software for splitting different stamp images

"Billns"
"separation and straightening of stamp images. My results were
disappointing, as the perforations seem to
disappear on the separated images.

Simple solution, download FREE Google...
Forum: General Discussion November 27th 10, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By rod allan
Software for splitting different stamp images

"Pierre COURTIADE"
I have an old Epson scanner able to scan negative film strips and positive
transparencies (slides ?) which I use quite rarely. It is not compatible
with my new Windows 7...
Forum: General Discussion November 26th 10, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By rod allan
Software for splitting different stamp images

will automatically crop and straighten
a number of stamps on a page and then will scan them individually.

I'd like to see that!
I don't believe that is what it does at all, I think you are...
Forum: General Discussion November 26th 10, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By rod allan
Software for splitting different stamp images

Blair doesn't scan stamps Pierre,

It is Seiko software part of the Epson scan software
One takes a preview of the scanner platen
then creates "carousels" around each of the (say 30) stamps
then...
Forum: General Discussion September 3rd 10, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 27
Posted By rod allan
Collection software

Great. May I bid you a fine journey Don,
enjoy your database, in the end having fun is the aim.
Enjoy your stamp collecting.

"Don Levey" wrote in message...
Forum: General Discussion September 3rd 10, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 27
Posted By rod allan
Collection software

"Don Levey"
For each one, no. But that's a LOT of data entry to do for the
thousands of stamps you *don't* have, especially when compiling images.

You havn't thought it through though, once...
Forum: General Discussion September 3rd 10, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 27
Posted By rod allan
Collection software

This is the database, 2 clicks for every 4c stamp australia produced

http://cjoint.com/data/jdo2vtyYAE.htm

one further click...pictures
http://cjoint.com/data/jdo5jkIhGg.htm

and you want to crank...
Forum: General Discussion September 3rd 10, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 27
Posted By rod allan
Collection software

"Don Levey"

I'm not understanding this. Are you saying that you've got a file for
*every* stamp in the catalog, with the filename denoting whether you
have it or want it?

Of course, how else...
Forum: General Discussion September 1st 10, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 27
Posted By rod allan
Collection software

You are considering a sledgehammer to crack a nut,
Just use images and use Windows explorer as the database.

Your way will end up spending more time typing and less on stamp collecting,

A flat file...
Forum: General Discussion August 17th 10, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By rod allan
Ralphael :The Old One

Received your mail this morning,
what a lovely assortment of philately Ralph,
Thank you very much indeed,
It has made my day :)

It will take me months to sort out,
and that's the sort of work I...
Forum: General Discussion August 16th 10, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By rod allan
TEst - No new messages for a week?

G'day Jerry,
yes still collecting, do we ever stop?

I emailed you, but no reply.
Drop me a line sometime

Rod

"jerry"
Forum: General Discussion May 31st 10, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By rod allan
What happened?

Hi Peter,
please email me, and I'll drop you a line.
Rodney

"Peter Buder" wrote in message
Is this group drying out, due to...
Forum: General Discussion May 19th 10, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By rod allan
Newsgroup activity

Wow!
thanks for that lovely thought Ralph
that is very thoughtful of you, but alas they have not arrived.

I can only hope they are returned to you, with a nice
auxilliary marking "unknown at this...
Forum: General Discussion May 18th 10, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By rod allan
Machin woes

that's strange, usually the fluorescence is caused by the scanner not the
printer,
if it is the scanner, you need to recalibrate or buy a new scanner.
check your images after you scan...
Forum: General Discussion May 18th 10, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By rod allan
Newsgroup activity

I always treasure your mailings Ralph,
yours and Tracy's cover will be causing scratched heads in the future.
I have used your wallmart flag over porch several times in newsgroups.
You shall have to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36