Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 1.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A You
Forum: Coins February 13th 09, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 140
Posted By A You
Opinions on cashing out some silver

A You wrote:

I would sell gold as gold is up on a currency panic but as bad as things
are...faith in currencies can return.

I would hold silver, palladium, and platinum as demand for...
Forum: Coins February 12th 09, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 140
Posted By A You
Opinions on cashing out some silver

Okay... I have made arrangements to sell my small cache of silver for
10x face for the pre-1965 coins and 4x for the 40% Kennedys. I have
worked out that the break-even point for the silver is...
Forum: Coins February 2nd 09, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By A You
Owning a 1,000 Ounce Silver Bar

Cash transactions of $10,000 or more are reported to the federal
government.
But see all transactions are cash transactions...in other words it's
monetary transactions that are...
Forum: Coins February 2nd 09, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By A You
Owning a 1,000 Ounce Silver Bar

I once read that, if you buy a 1,000 ounce silver bar, you must report
it to the IRS. But now, I found a site that says, you only have to
report to the IRS if you sell your 1,000 ounce silver...
Forum: Coins August 13th 08, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
Plan to melt pennies fails to solidify

Make pennies out of steel and then zinc-plate them...and that's
galvanized steel.

But no copper penny melting...

And there's no harm in the steel use since we need to start...
Forum: Coins August 13th 08, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
Plan to melt pennies fails to solidify

Make pennies out of steel and then zinc-plate them...and that's
galvanized steel.

But no copper penny melting...

And there's no harm in the steel use since we need to start making...
Forum: Coins August 12th 08, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
Plan to melt pennies fails to solidify

U.S. Rep. Zack Space, a Democrat of Dover, tried to help
his constituent firm with legislation to legalize penny
melting and have the Mint make new pennies from cheaper
metal.

In May,...
Forum: Coins July 21st 08, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
Zimbabwe introduces 100-billion-dollar note

But as an investor you can actually consider emerging market bonds. Why ?
Finally a portfolio of emerging market bonds pays a dividend of about 5.8%
.
And the bonds are at a low...
Forum: Coins July 20th 08, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
Zimbabwe introduces 100-billion-dollar note

Of course there are developed countries, emerging market countries, and
frontier countries. Zimbabwe is a frontier country. But Zimbabwe was taken
over by a dictator and farm owners (former...
Forum: Coins July 20th 08, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
Zimbabwe introduces 100-billion-dollar note

Zimbabwe introduces 100-billion-dollar note
Sat Jul 19, 1:45 PM ET
HARARE (AFP) - Zimbabwe, grappling with a record 2.2 million percent
inflation, has introduced a new 100-billion-dollar bank...
Forum: Coins March 12th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By A You
PCGS Slabbed Counterfeit Pioneer Gold Coins as "Fantasies"

I haven't seen anything about this in Coin World (though my paper is
always late), and there doesn't seem to be an announcement on the
Collectors Universe web site, but according to Spring 2008...
Forum: Coins January 22nd 08, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By A You
About the stock market

The U.S. futures indexes are suggesting a 4.5% drop...for Tuesday.

But U.S. Treasury Bonds are up the most in six weeks...right now.

Gold of course is up during the past few months but...
Forum: Coins January 22nd 08, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By A You
About the stock market

Some comments on the stock market, closed today, but where the rest of
the world has seen the biggest one day drop since 9/11.
The business cycle exists, as sure as the ebb and flow of the...
Forum: Coins August 8th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By A You
Goldringer...it's an ETF with an mighty touch

Consider ticker GLD. That fund is holding 500 tons of physical gold but
works like an open end mutual fund in that it adds holdings when there are
net buyers and sells holdings when there are net...
Forum: Coins August 7th 07, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By A You
Coin Speculators & Tightening Credit Conditions

Stocks are dangerous. They are vulnerable to manipulation and
outright fraud by lying corporate officers. Especially if there
is a continued increase in the actual gold price. Because that
Forum: Coins August 6th 07, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By A You
Coin Speculators & Tightening Credit Conditions

Subprime mortgage defaults are expected, bonds containing subprime
mortgages are dropping in value, subprime mortgage companies are going
bankrupt, major banks have a percentage exposure,...
Forum: Coins August 6th 07, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By A You
Coin Speculators & Tightening Credit Conditions

Those who exist by speculating in coins should look at what's going on
over at financial house Bear Stearns tonight.

The "rare coin industry" has benefited the last two decades from
people...
Forum: Coins July 29th 07, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
$9000 to spend on gold coins, what to buy?

According to the charts of GLD and FXE...gold is up about 3.8% ytd while
the
Euro is up about 3.2% ytd...

How about the Chinese yuan?

Actually, grapevine had it that Goldman Sachs...
Forum: Coins July 29th 07, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
$9000 to spend on gold coins, what to buy?

Let's say you have $9000 to spend on NGC/PCGS certified gold coins and
you're looking for the best short-term (5 year return) on your $9000.
What
would you buy and why? 19th century...
Forum: Coins July 23rd 07, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
$9000 to spend on gold coins, what to buy?

Let's say you have $9000 to spend on NGC/PCGS certified gold coins and
you're looking for the best short-term (5 year return) on your $9000.
What
would you buy and why? 19th century gold...
Forum: Coins July 21st 07, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By A You
$73 $5 Gold Coins Sell, is it worth it?

Spot price is more like $68...so that's about 7% over spot.

Actually the uncirculated gold eagle four coin set from the U.S. mint is
now less than 1% over spot...

Oops, the uncirculated...
Forum: Coins July 21st 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By A You
$73 $5 Gold Coins Sell, is it worth it?

Thanks everyone for your reply. I agree, 63$ worth of gold and paying $73
isn't a great deal for me. I'd rather go treasure hunting with a metal
detector and take my chances with...
Forum: Coins July 19th 07, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By A You
$73 $5 Gold Coins Sell, is it worth it?

That's okay but like everyone else is saying...you're going to be on their
call list.

Consider the Chinese Panda coins which are said to be proof-like. And
compare those to the Australian...
Forum: Coins July 19th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By A You
$73 $5 Gold Coins Sell, is it worth it?

I'm sure some of you have seen the commercial from the gubment selling
these $5 US American Eagle Gold Coins for $73. I've looked around have
have found some going for the saif $73 to $400...
Forum: Coins July 9th 07, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By A You
Collecting Gold

Ok somebody has to explain this to me like I am friggin' six year old. You
buy gold bullion as a investment. When do you reap the rewards of your
investment? How do you reap the rewards of your...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41