Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David French[_2_]
Forum: General Discussion August 29th 08, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By David French[_2_]
OT. To David V. French - Please

Hi David:
You mentioned a lot of the Heligoland reprints,etc.
I am interested in buying the lot.
Please get back to me again at: .
I pay at once by Paypal, as...
Forum: General Discussion August 28th 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By David French[_2_]
William Grosvenor FAQ: http://william-grosvenor.info

William Grosvenor FAQ: http://william-grosvenor.info

And your point is....?????
Forum: General Discussion August 22nd 08, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By David French[_2_]
To David V. French - Please

Hi David:
You mentioned a lot of the Heligoland reprints,etc.
I am interested in buying the lot.
Please get back to me again at: .
I pay at once by Paypal, as...
Forum: General Discussion August 12th 08, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By David French[_2_]
(RCSD) Heligoland in hundreds!

Hi all,

I have uncovered a bundle of small envelopes
containing almost 800 Heligoland stamps, in
singles, strips, and blocks of up to 50 stamps!
There are 12 basic types, some perforated...
Forum: General Discussion August 11th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By David French[_2_]
(RCSD) Heligoland in hundreds!

Hi all,

I have uncovered a bundle of small envelopes
containing almost 800 Heligoland stamps, in
singles, strips, and blocks of up to 50 stamps!
There are 12 basic types, some...
Forum: General Discussion August 10th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By David French[_2_]
(RCSD) Heligoland in hundreds!

Hi all,

I have uncovered a bundle of small envelopes
containing almost 800 Heligoland stamps, in
singles, strips, and blocks of up to 50 stamps!
There are 12 basic types, some perforated and
some...
Forum: General Discussion July 27th 08, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 36
Posted By David French[_2_]
(RCSD) Sales venues that don't suck?

1. eBay: Arrogant and/or unreachable staff, and they take all your money
on small sales.

2. StampWants: Arrogant staff, and a founder who believes the United
States deserves...
Forum: General Discussion July 26th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 36
Posted By David French[_2_]
(RCSD) Sales venues that don't suck?

1. eBay: Arrogant and/or unreachable staff, and they take all your money
on small sales.

2. StampWants: Arrogant staff, and a founder who believes the United
States deserves dozens of...
Forum: General Discussion July 19th 08, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By David French[_2_]
(RCSD) OT - Mette

It never fails that when I open my mailbox in the morning, I will find some
get-well messages there. To this comes all the snail mail delivered by the
postie, practically every day, from all...
Forum: General Discussion June 25th 08, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By David French[_2_]
Emeralds

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:18:24 +0800, rodney wrote:

If you share any distant...
Forum: General Discussion June 11th 08, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By David French[_2_]
Fake Nigeria Examples

Just when you thought it was safe to answer your e-mails, get offers
from foreign shores, or let the cats out, I appear with some more
ne-erdowell philatelic offerings.

Forum: General Discussion June 9th 08, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 9
Posted By David French[_2_]
(RCSD) Mette Update Question

Rodney mentioned Mette in one of his posts. Can anybody give an
update on how Mette is doing?

Thanks for asking, Jerry :-) The cancer has metastased into my brain, and
affected my...
Forum: General Discussion May 25th 08, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 83
Posted By David French[_2_]
Zimbabwe Inflation (update) - Inflation hits one million percent

Inflation hits one million percent as prices continue to skyrocket
OK, are we hitting the Hungary mark yet?
Don't know. What was their year over year inflation?

I guess...
Forum: General Discussion May 25th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 83
Posted By David French[_2_]
Zimbabwe Inflation (update) - Inflation hits one million percent

Inflation hits one million percent as prices continue to skyrocket

OK, are we hitting the Hungary mark yet?

By Tichaona Sibanda

Most basic goods in the...
Forum: General Discussion May 9th 08, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By David French[_2_]
Ebay More Crooked Than Some Crooks - rant

"ElCheapo" wrote in message
In March I was another victim of Ebay and one of Ebay's regular crooks.
I paid...
Forum: General Discussion April 30th 08, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By David French[_2_]
(RCSD) GB KGVI special printing

Is anyone aware of a special printing of Great Britain SG 462-471 ?
(King George VI - 1937 definitives)

It would have been done in 1939 and included a 3mm top margin.
I believe it was...
Forum: General Discussion April 29th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 16
Posted By David French[_2_]
OT Mette

Hi all,

Thanks for your concern about my health - I am touched - really :-)
Life has granted me a flaming lung cancer, which at the moment is incinerating me
from
the inside,...
Forum: General Discussion April 29th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 16
Posted By David French[_2_]
OT Mette

Hi all,

Thanks for your concern about my health - I am touched - really :-)
Life has granted me a flaming lung cancer, which at the moment is incinerating me from
the inside, and treated...
Forum: General Discussion April 25th 08, 10:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 16
Posted By David French[_2_]
OT Mette

Yesterday I got a message from Mette, She is not well and could be
offline for
as long as six months. She sends greetings to members in this group.
But,
I think that she will need all of...
Forum: General Discussion April 22nd 08, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 83
Posted By David French[_2_]
Zimbabwe Inflation (update)

Well, apparently there is a branch of the Bank of Zimbabwe in London - and
it is still open for business!! They regularly run out of banknotes, and had to
issue a $10,000,000 note in March...
Forum: Marketplace April 22nd 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 9
Posted By David French[_2_]
FA:HORNBY R050 PRINCESS CLASS 4-6-2 - "PRINCESS ROYAL"

http://hornbyauction.com/index.php?act=list&item=1102817728

That's a strange looking STAMP you have there!!

Collateral material for SG1276...
Forum: General Discussion April 20th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 83
Posted By David French[_2_]
Zimbabwe Inflation (update)

The latest official inflation figure for February is reportedly
165,000%.

Should the inflationary pressure maintain its recent momentum till
year end,
then...
Forum: Marketplace April 20th 08, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 9
Posted By David French[_2_]
FA:HORNBY R050 PRINCESS CLASS 4-6-2 - "PRINCESS ROYAL"

http://hornbyauction.com/index.php?act=list&item=1102817728

That's a strange looking STAMP you have there!!

Collateral material for SG1276 ...

Yay!...
Forum: General Discussion April 19th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 83
Posted By David French[_2_]
Zimbabwe Inflation (update)

The latest official inflation figure for February is reportedly
165,000%.

Should the inflationary pressure maintain its recent momentum till
year end,
then Zimbabwe's...
Forum: General Discussion April 19th 08, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By David French[_2_]
(Stamps) Water damage

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:56:30 -0700, Ben wrote:

Water Damage:
have researched this freezing business on the net. It is used mostly to
save books and documents but not in a home freezer...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38