Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 1.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dorancoins
Forum: Coins August 14th 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By dorancoins
Report - New 2009 Lincoln Cent Ceremony in Springfield, IL

On Aug 13, 2:00*pm, oly wrote:
To the group,

I am just getting back from the New 2009 Lincoln Cent Launch Ceremony
& Coin Exchange which was held today in Springfield, IL at...
Forum: Coins July 10th 09, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 132
Posted By dorancoins
Frank and Reid quoted in COINage article on eBay fakes

On Jul 9, 8:50*am, oly wrote:
On Jul 9, 8:41*am, "PC" wrote:

*oly wrote:
e-bay. *Are the folks at e-bay haughty??? *Maybe (and I really...
Forum: Coins July 3rd 09, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 76
Posted By dorancoins
Cliff Mishler

On Jul 3, 9:27*am, Charles Edwards wrote:
dorancoins Jul 3

I did ran for a seat on the boards of both the ANA and CSNS but did
not win. *I was not bitter about the ANA...
Forum: Coins July 3rd 09, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 76
Posted By dorancoins
Cliff Mishler

On Jul 3, 9:00*am, "Bob F." wrote:
"dorancoins" wrote in message

On Jul...
Forum: Coins July 3rd 09, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 76
Posted By dorancoins
Cliff Mishler

On Jul 3, 8:51*am, oly wrote:
On Jul 3, 7:33*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

Forum: Coins July 3rd 09, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 76
Posted By dorancoins
Cliff Mishler

On Jul 3, 2:05*am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
dorancoins wrote:
On Jul 2, 7:26 pm, Mike Marotta wrote:
33,000 members
8,000 votes

Forum: Coins July 3rd 09, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 76
Posted By dorancoins
Cliff Mishler

On Jul 3, 7:46*am, Charles Edwards wrote:
dorancoins * Jul 3

I'm glad that Cliff won, and also glad that Finner was defeated. *As
far as Herbert, his ties to Cipoletti...
Forum: Coins July 3rd 09, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 76
Posted By dorancoins
Cliff Mishler

On Jul 2, 7:26*pm, Mike Marotta wrote:
33,000 members
8,000 votes

Decisions are made by those who show up.

My horses all came in. *If it were not Cliff Mishler, I...
Forum: Coins July 3rd 09, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 76
Posted By dorancoins
Cliff Mishler

On Jul 2, 4:40*pm, Jud wrote:
ANA new President is Cliff Mishler. Alan Herbert was not re-elected to
the board. I am sure more details will follow.

I'm glad that Cliff won,...
Forum: Paper Money January 22nd 09, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By dorancoins
New 2009 Tonga notes

Just visited the National Reserve Bank of Tonga's website and found
out that a new series of notes have been released. Link -
http://www.reservebank.to/docs/press/res/2009/Banknotes_security.pdf
Forum: Paper Money July 2nd 08, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By dorancoins
German firm halts bank note sales to Zimbabwe

Evidently, the German currency maker Giesecke & Devrient GmbH was
asked by the German government to cease banknote sales to Zimbabwe. I
wonder if the Zimbabwean government will start printing all...
Forum: Paper Money June 26th 08, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 30
Posted By dorancoins
New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

On Jun 5, 8:18*am, "Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote:
I just received a mailer from Krause advertising the 14th edition of the
Standard Catalog of World Paper Money, Modern...
Forum: Paper Money June 26th 08, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By dorancoins
REQ: Comments on new "Pick" catalog

On Jun 22, 11:44*am, "Owen W. Linzmayer"
wrote:
I'm writing a review of the new 14th edition of the Standard Catalog of
World Paper Money, Modern Issues:

Forum: Paper Money June 6th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 30
Posted By dorancoins
New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

On Jun 5, 1:29*pm, wrote:
On Jun 5, 9:18*am, "Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote: I just received a mailer from Krause advertising the 14th edition of the
Forum: Paper Money June 5th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 30
Posted By dorancoins
New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

On Jun 5, 12:23*pm, "Giovanni C. Pettinaro"
wrote:
Hello Matthew and Owen,
* * * I read your thread about Krause Catalog and I think that despite
the many faults...
Forum: Paper Money June 5th 08, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 30
Posted By dorancoins
New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

On Jun 5, 8:18*am, "Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote:
I just received a mailer from Krause advertising the 14th edition of the
Standard Catalog of World Paper Money, Modern...
Forum: Coins May 22nd 08, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By dorancoins
The Poor 5 Cent Piece (Australia)

On May 21, 10:46 pm, "The Old Bloke" wrote:
"Jeff R." wrote in message

"dorancoins"...
Forum: Coins May 22nd 08, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By dorancoins
The Poor 5 Cent Piece (Australia)

For those who collect Australian coins, an interesting article on the
Australian Broadcasting Company (www.abc.net.au)

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2247435.htm
Forum: Paper Money May 16th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 8
Posted By dorancoins
Zimbabwe Introduced $500 Million, $5 Billion, $25 Billion and $50Billion Notes

On May 15, 7:10*pm, Jim Higgins wrote:
dorancoins wrote:
On May 15, 7:32 am, wrote:
http://tomchao.com/archive.html

As far as the value of...
Forum: Paper Money May 16th 08, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

On May 15, 7:32*am, wrote:
http://tomchao.com/archive.html

As far as the value of Zimbabwean currency goes, one must ask, "How
low can you go?"
Forum: Paper Money May 14th 08, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By dorancoins
Paraguay Issued New 50,000 Guaranies Notes Yesterday

On May 13, 11:25*am, wrote:
http://tomchao.com/archive.html

Visited the site (Viva Paraguay) - the new note is a far better design
than both the old 1990's design (using design...
Forum: Coins September 2nd 07, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By dorancoins
48th Annual ILNA Fall Coin Show & Convention - 9/7-9/9/2007 - Countryside, IL

Thought I'd like to share some news with everyone on the forums. The
Illinois Numismatic Association will be having its 48th Annual Fall
Coin Show and Convention from September 7th through the 9th at...
Forum: Coins August 22nd 07, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By dorancoins
Doran Coins has a world coin price list on its web site - 8/22/2007

The Doran Coins world coin price is now up and running. I don't have
anything super special (such as expensive rarities) at the moment.
The links to the list are below.

WORLD COINS A TO L -...
Forum: Paper Money August 17th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 9
Posted By dorancoins
Nigeria to revalue its currency in August 2008

On Aug 16, 7:45 pm, "Ukraina Dvi" wrote:
"dorancoins" wrote in message

Speaking of Zimbabwe (aka Rhodesia), they just issued a Z$200,000
Forum: Paper Money August 17th 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

On Aug 16, 5:54 pm, "Ukraina Dvi" wrote:
"dorancoins" wrote in message

Wonder how much mileage they will get out of the new new Naira?

Showing results 1 to 25 of 48