Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Matthew Brealey
Forum: Paper Money January 30th 09, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Hi & Question (Notes)

On 30 Jan, 14:25, Gronkić wrote:
hi everybody, i'm a coin collector, but since 1 year i started collecting
some banknotes.

now my question is

how come so many...
Forum: Coins January 30th 09, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Matthew Brealey
snooze lose

On 30 Jan, 04:00, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"jack" wrote in message

The cost of the 2009 double eagle has...
Forum: Coins January 30th 09, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Surge in number of fake pound coins -- Alarm at the Royal Mint asone in every 40 is found to be counterfeit

On 29 Jan, 03:34, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
[major snippage]

Short of the UK potentially soon going with the Euro, me thinks that the...
Forum: Paper Money January 30th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Matthew Brealey
The ugly world of paper money grading (and the twenty million dollarnotes)

I've been aware of the seller 'Mr. Ahmet Sandikci' for some time. If
you've ever looked on ebay it's hard to miss this guy's stuff. He's a
self-promoter of the highest order.

$21 million dollars for...
Forum: Paper Money January 9th 09, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 7
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Another ebay horror story.

On 7 Jan, 20:26, "note.boy" wrote:
Scroll down a bit to see the largest number of ironed Scottish notes ever
offered by one seller simultaneously.

His coin...
Forum: Paper Money January 7th 09, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 10
Posted By Matthew Brealey
An eBay Before And After Story

On 5 Jan, 22:55, Bruce Farley wrote:
Did he do anything other than take better photo's?

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=498698
Forum: Paper Money January 5th 09, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 7
Posted By Matthew Brealey
1976 postmarked $2.00 bills - info needed

On Jan 1, 10:01*pm, IGot2P wrote:
First of all I know nothing about collecting paper money thus this question.

We were just going through some of our files and found 50...
Forum: Paper Money November 3rd 08, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Rare Coins & Paper Money

On 30 Oct, 20:25, sashadro wrote:
I found this awesome site that has great deals on rare and hard to
find Coins & Paper Money....Thought I would share it here in case
Forum: Paper Money November 3rd 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Novelty banknotes on ebay

On 25 Oct, 16:39, "note.boy" wrote:
Great news, from 27 October they can't be listed on ebay .co.uk.

They did clutter up the papermoney section and it will be...
Forum: Paper Money August 9th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Best way to store paper currency

On 7 Aug, 04:51, "Robert" wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to store paper currency at
home. I've looked at waterproof/fireproof/security safes, but am
Forum: Paper Money August 5th 08, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 10
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Zimbabwe to Drop 10 Zeros in Currency Revaluation

On 3 Aug, 06:58, Coffee's For Closers
wrote:
My guess is that, they will start printing the notes on regular
paper. *After all, who would want to counterfeit that...
Forum: Paper Money July 12th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 6
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Singapore $1000 1911 Specimen at Spink Auction

On 11 Jul, 09:46, Manit wrote:
The Thai bullet money's price is not too high compared to the Thai
market value. This set would easily fetch $50,000 here in Bangkok
mainly...
Forum: Paper Money July 10th 08, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 15
Posted By Matthew Brealey
How important is it to have 3 values in catalog?

On 9 Jul, 08:51, noteworthy wrote:
http://www.atsnotes.com/world/w-af.html

Just at one dealer. I didn't check the catalogue price. I do agree
that rare notes sell for...
Forum: Paper Money July 9th 08, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 6
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Singapore $1000 1911 Specimen at Spink Auction

On 2 Jul, 01:24, Matthew Brealey wrote:
On 1 Jul, 18:16, wrote:

http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/

Why not link to the source?

Forum: Paper Money July 9th 08, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By Matthew Brealey
straits settlement banknotesf

On 21 Jun, 11:56, Matthew Brealey wrote:
1900On 20 Jun, 23:28, wrote:

i am trying to find out the value of a banknote issued by the
government...
Forum: Paper Money July 8th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 15
Posted By Matthew Brealey
How important is it to have 3 values in catalog?

On 5 Jul, 18:40, "Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote:
I've been looking at the new SCWPM Modern Issues 14th edition and it
occurred to me that maybe it's unnecessary to include...
Forum: Paper Money July 3rd 08, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 30
Posted By Matthew Brealey
New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

On 28 Jun, 18:54, Ronny Hick wrote:
If you can read German, please note the following...
Forum: Paper Money July 2nd 08, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

On 1 Jul, 18:16, wrote:
http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/

Why not link to the source?

http://numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=4812

It is Straits...
Forum: Paper Money June 27th 08, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 8
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Rare China Ming Dynasty 50 Cash and 1 Kuan Notes Sold at LynKnight Auctions

On 27 Jun, 14:45, wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:13*am, wrote: On Jun 27, 8:36*am, "scottishmoney" wrote:

LK is making a bundle in...
Forum: Paper Money June 25th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 30
Posted By Matthew Brealey
New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

On 14 Jun, 10:53, FBNeNotes wrote:
Krause does a very good job with SCWPM.. collectors should write-email
George, whenever they have New info or corrections, etc. on World
Forum: Paper Money June 21st 08, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

1900On 20 Jun, 23:28, wrote:
i am trying to find out the value of a banknote issued by the
government of the straits settlements. dated 03/01/1900. $5. tan
background...
Forum: Paper Money June 20th 08, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Paper softness

On 20 Jun, 00:56, noteworthy wrote:
On Jun 19, 5:41 am, Matthew Â*Brealey wrote:

I have just received this...
Forum: Paper Money June 19th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Spink Auction 19 June

On 14 Jun, 20:58, "scottishmoney" wrote:
http://www.spink.com/home_page/index.asp

Very important materiel here, some very significant British notes in
particular,...
Forum: Paper Money June 18th 08, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Paper softness

I have just received this note:
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=681181&image=138819364&images=138819364,138819754&formats=0,0&format=0

I have every other note in this series,...
Forum: Paper Money June 16th 08, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 3
Posted By Matthew Brealey
Spink Auction 19 June