Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Willow Arune[_3_]
Forum: Books December 18th 13, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Nice to see you again, Francis....

Well, Francis, it has been a while...

I have just finished my first semester towards an M.A. in History at the University of Northern British Columbia. We have a nice campus on a hill overlooking...
Forum: Books June 15th 13, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Just Found

Francis,

I fear my days of travelling are past. University, gardening, and more tend to limit my range to the two western provinces. The days of jaunting from coast to coast in the US and through...
Forum: Books June 15th 13, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Just Found

Francis,

One reason I collect the workers that I do is that my part of the world is brand new - the first "white woman" arrived in Prince George in 1912! So thrifts simply do not have anything...
Forum: Books June 15th 13, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Just Found

Never pass a thrift - what you have been looking for might be inside!

Willow
Forum: Books December 21st 12, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Bedbugs in Books

Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton libraries all report infestations in books. Also on the couches and chairs, of course, but in the books as...
Forum: Books December 21st 12, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Bedbugs in Books

Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton libraries all report infestations in books. Also on the couches and chairs, of course, but in the books as...
Forum: Books December 20th 12, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Thanks, Francis.

After one of your posts, I headed to the UNBC library for Karen Armstong's THE BATTLE FOR GOD. I have log been of the opinion that it is not any particular religion, but the fundamentalists of any...
Forum: Books December 20th 12, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Bedbugs in Books

There have been growing number of reports of bedbug infestations in library books. Well, I don't think some used book stores or thrifts are in any better position...
What steps have you taken to...
Forum: Books November 28th 12, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Another one New To Me

Just finished the first in a series by Chelsea Cain "Heartsick". i was not certain that I would enjoy it but found that as the pages passed, it seemed to get better and better.
Archie is a detective...
Forum: Books November 26th 12, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
P.D. James

Hi Francis,

I have tried, I really have. But perhaps I started with the wrong book. Generally I like British sleuths dating back to gideon of the Yard. And yes, in response to another post, I...
Forum: Books November 25th 12, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
P.D. James

It seems every new P.D. James book is widely distributed yet I have yet to meet anyone who actually reads and enjoys them. Most say they cannot stand Daglish. Any lovers here?

Willow
Forum: Books November 13th 12, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Primo Levi, If This Is A Man

I have fretted over the same issue, until I came to a simple conclusion.

I love being surrounded by my books and yes, my partner and I have too many.. I did sell off several collections - the...
Forum: Books November 3rd 12, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By Willow Arune[_3_]
Rich Dobson - A Great Find!

In the early 1930s, a stock broker in NYC, having lost everything in the Crash, hopped a train to Wyoming and became a cowboy starting right at the bottom. Richmond Hobson, son of a Spanish American...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13