Showing results 1 to 25 of 142
Search took 3.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: George D
Forum: Coins February 6th 08, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By George D
Contest

Russell Patterson wrote:
I will post the winner here and at that time I will need the winners address.

PS mine is not real either.

If you need my email addy I will send it. I'll check back. ...
Forum: Coins February 6th 08, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By George D
Contest Entries so far

wrote:

It has been a long time since we have had a contest. So in celebration of leap year here we go.

Here are the rules.

Guess the New York closing price of Silver on...
Forum: Coins February 5th 08, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By George D
Contest Entries so far

George D wrote:
George D wrote:
Date amount email name
2/4/2008 13:07 $14.39
2/4/2008 21:13 $15.21 ...
Forum: Coins February 5th 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By George D
Contest Entries so far

George D wrote:
Date amount email name
2/4/2008 13:07 $14.39
2/4/2008 21:13 $15.21 Chuck Miller
2/4/2008...
Forum: Coins February 4th 08, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 136
Posted By George D
Contest

It has been a long time since we have had a contest. So in celebration of leap year here
we go.

Here are the rules.

Guess the New York closing price of Silver on February 29th.

per this site....
Forum: Coins January 23rd 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 25
Posted By George D
90% silver

The Booher's wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know what a fair selling price is for 90% face silver? I have
contacted a number of dealers and there is a large range of offers for $1.00
face...
Forum: Coins January 17th 08, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By George D
National Money Show in Phoenix, Are you going

Ken Barr wrote:
In article , George
D wrote:

I am wondering who from RCC will be going to the show here in...
Forum: Coins January 14th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 40
Posted By George D
Fed: They have to save the economy and let inflation go

Frank Provasek wrote:
Look for $1000 gold soon....

From Bloomberg:

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke signaled he has resolved
months of debate over the competing risks of slower...
Forum: Coins January 13th 08, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By George D
National Money Show in Phoenix, Are you going

I am wondering who from RCC will be going to the show here in Phoenix? Will you be wearing
your RCC Pin?

I am also wondering if anybody can give me any insight into the value of the Coin...
Forum: Coins January 6th 08, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By George D
Buried treasure?

note.boy wrote:
Looks like it. Billy

http://cgi.ebay.com/1919-GB-Half-Crown-BU-CHOICE-BU-Click-For-Pix_W0QQitemZ290193215337

DIP IT DIP IT DIP IT DIP IT wallah MS65

--
The real cause...
Forum: Coins December 25th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ira wrote:
Happy Holidays everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, excluding Osama and his
cohorts, of course.

It has been my custom to attach our Holiday card photo to this post,
and this year is...
Forum: Coins December 24th 07, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By George D
TENNESSEE --- $800.00 DOLLAR COIN FINDS ITS WAY INTO BELL RINGER'SKETTEL

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
I had though about that as well seeing how much the price
change on Gold Coin Prices from the U.S. Mint from the
begining of the year to now.

"RF"...
Forum: Coins December 23rd 07, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By George D
How this get by the Ebay Censors

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
"randiR" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/1795-1-PCGS-Toned-Flowing-Hair-Dollar-Silver-
Forum: Coins December 22nd 07, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By George D
NEED SELLING TIPS

RJ wrote:
I've got a box of silver dollars
that I've been hauling around for too many years.
Time to turn them into spending $$

Local coin dealers offer $5 $7 each, ( sight unseen )
Forum: Coins December 20th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By George D
Interesting roll find

RF wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:05 am, "
wrote:

Ah, but these are all from the _Philadelphia_ mint.

That's OK, Hinz can't read anyway!
Forum: Coins December 16th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 31
Posted By George D
Would you bid on this 1942 proof set?

PC wrote:
"tony cooper" wrote in message
Gotcha. If the USPS doesn't do their job it is the seller's...
Forum: Coins November 25th 07, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Posted By George D
FA: over 103 Troy Oz of Silver ENDED and a question

Coinenthusiast wrote:
Howdy;

A lot of 97 coins (weight of silver is over 103 troy ounces) that were
mainly produced
by the Franklin Mint for other countries in the early to mid 1970's.
Forum: Coins November 21st 07, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 20
Posted By George D
why are large cents often corroded?

Bruce Remick wrote:
"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 03:12:19 GMT,
Forum: Coins November 15th 07, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
Posted By George D
Request advice in selling coins

If you decide that you really, truly, want to "get rid" of it all,
please don't dump what you call "junk" at face value. I'm
not rich, but at least i would give you more than face value...
Forum: Coins November 10th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By George D
OT: gas costs and other stuff.. was: gold and us dollar

Harv wrote:
"George D" wrote in message
.
The other is a 2004 Prius with 65,000 mile and a life time...
Forum: Coins November 9th 07, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 36
Posted By George D
OT: gas costs and other stuff.. was: gold and us dollar

Harv wrote:
"note.boy" wrote in message

Perhaps the ever rising cost of gas will sound the death knell for...
Forum: Coins November 7th 07, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 124
Posted By George D
Gold Soaring OT Response

oly wrote:

But I think that you could make a case for the general price level of
domestically produced foodstuffs (milk, bread, hamburger and yes,
beer) being 20% higher than a year ago (or...
Forum: Coins November 4th 07, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 124
Posted By George D
Gold Soaring

Christian Feldhaus wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:

"Kyle Mutcher" wrote in message
The price of gold isn't...
Forum: Coins November 2nd 07, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By George D
Vacuum packing coins?

Has anyone information on using the kitchen vacuum packaging devices for use in storing
low value coins such as common 1960's and 70's proof and mint sets? These are low priced
sets and not worth...
Forum: Coins October 12th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By George D
Canadian Silver Dollars (mixed lot/complete set of commemoratives)

steven wrote:
Hi all,

I have get 2 listing of Canadian Silver Dollar on eBay

1) complete set of 6 Canadian Commemorative Dollar

Showing results 1 to 25 of 142