Showing results 1 to 25 of 344
Search took 2.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter[_6_]
Forum: Coins September 20th 11, 03:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Victoria Jubilee head gold sovereign

On Sep 19, 4:54*pm, oly wrote:

The thing that I would worry about, going back to original vendor,
would be that that seller probably has other fakes as well.

That was my point.
Forum: Coins September 19th 11, 09:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Victoria Jubilee head gold sovereign

On Sep 15, 7:02*am, oly wrote:
On Sep 15, 4:43*am, Art Arete wrote:

Oly,

Thank you very much for your response.
Forum: Coins August 2nd 11, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Why We Left The Gold Standard

On Jul 29, 11:10*pm, "Bremick" wrote:

China never sends invading troops. They aren't configured to do that like we
are. *And why should they? *They have no wide alliances....
Forum: Coins August 2nd 11, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 70
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Why We Left The Gold Standard

On Jul 30, 9:20*am, Jim wrote:
On Jul 22, 3:13*pm, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:

I think this quote from the article makes more sense...
Forum: Coins August 2nd 11, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Trillion $ Coin suggested

On Jul 29, 11:14*am, "Some Guy" wrote:
One off-the-wall suggestion to solve the debt crisis was to issue a couple of
trillion dollar coins, since that while there is a limit on the...
Forum: Coins May 22nd 11, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Deputies arrest alleged conman who bought $94,000 in gold coinswith bad check

On May 21, 7:59*pm, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message

Forum: Coins May 21st 11, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Obama haters

On May 19, 10:42*am, "Bremick" wrote:
"mazorj" wrote in message

Forum: Coins May 21st 11, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Deputies arrest alleged conman who bought $94,000 in gold coinswith bad check

On May 20, 4:36*pm, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:
FROM:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/05/deputies-arrest-alleged...

Deputies arrest alleged conman who
bought...
Forum: Coins April 10th 11, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Silver breaks $40

On Apr 9, 2:37*pm, Ken Barr wrote:
In article
,

*Peter wrote:

[snip]

Forum: Coins April 9th 11, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Silver breaks $40

On Apr 8, 4:26*pm, oly wrote:
On Apr 8, 3:18*pm, sterrys@ no.spam.sbcglobal.net wrote:

On *8-Apr-2011, oly wrote:

On Apr 8, 11:46 am,...
Forum: Coins April 8th 11, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 52
Posted By Peter[_6_]
USS Liberty

On Apr 6, 8:27*pm, "Pete Smith" wrote:
The Promises belonged to Israel first

Romans 9:
1: I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me
witness...
Forum: Coins March 22nd 11, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter[_6_]
The appropriately named Fukushima!

On Mar 19, 12:14*am, oly wrote:

It could be a total cluster-****. *Or Not.

oly

So far, I'd still bet that the only casualty will be the owner of the
plant, when he realizes...
Forum: Coins March 5th 11, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Is this guy a crook?

On Mar 4, 5:10*pm, "GritsMan" wrote:
As an experiment, I walked into a local B&M place today that seems to
specialize in gold and silver. I plonked down $10 worth of 40% halves...
Forum: Coins February 27th 11, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 47
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Legal Tender Act passed

On Feb 26, 3:36*pm, "Beanie" wrote:

What was your point, other than to be deliberately obtuse?

You alleged that a fiat currency must always decline in value and
subsequently...
Forum: Coins February 26th 11, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 47
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Legal Tender Act passed

On Feb 26, 11:13*am, "Beanie" wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message

If the period is...
Forum: Coins February 26th 11, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 47
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Legal Tender Act passed

On Feb 25, 9:23*pm, "Beanie" wrote:

Because the time frame they were in use is too short and most fiat currencies
work in the short term - until the politicians' urge to print more...
Forum: Coins February 26th 11, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 47
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Legal Tender Act passed

On Feb 25, 8:52*pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message

On Feb 25, 7:53...
Forum: Coins February 26th 11, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 47
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Legal Tender Act passed

On Feb 25, 4:51*pm, "Beanie" wrote:

bad, if not disingenuous example.

You doubted the existence of an historical precedent. It is only
recent history, but unless you doubt...
Forum: Coins February 26th 11, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 47
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Legal Tender Act passed

On Feb 25, 7:53*pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"Beanie" wrote in ....

"Bremick" wrote in message
Forum: Coins February 25th 11, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 47
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Legal Tender Act passed

On Feb 25, 4:16*pm, "Beanie" wrote:

If there is historical precendent for a stable fiat currency, I never saw it.

Actually, there is. There may be others and the applicability of...
Forum: Coins February 14th 11, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Inflation redux

On Feb 14, 11:30*am, "Beanie" wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110214/ap_on_re_us/us_clothing_prices

http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/10/markets/dollar/index.htm

About half way down...
Forum: Coins February 5th 11, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 94
Posted By Peter[_6_]
Ronald Reagan Coins Available Now!

On Feb 5, 4:38*pm, "Beanie" wrote:
"Bremick" wrote in message

Forum: Coins February 5th 11, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 41
Posted By Peter[_6_]
This is the most absurd thing I have ever seen...

On Feb 5, 8:25*am, "Beanie" wrote:
"Frank Provasek" wrote in message

I...
Forum: Coins February 3rd 11, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 46
Posted By Peter[_6_]
1099 REFORM UPDATE - ACTION SET BEGIN IN SENATE

On Feb 2, 8:54*pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"Richard L. Hall" wrote in ...

Actually, President Obama...
Forum: Coins February 2nd 11, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 52
Posted By Peter[_6_]
USS Liberty

On Jan 31, 5:19*am, "Cindi Lafontaine" wrote:
Israel is both our greatest ally and the prophesied Kingdom for the final
confrontation of good and evil. To abandon Israel would...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 344