Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jass[_2_]
Forum: Coins August 31st 10, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Received Yosemite Quarters today!!!

That's not surprising! *Mintage of coins usually drops dramatically during a
recession and this recession is probably the worst since the great
depression although in the Reagan depression of...
Forum: Coins August 28th 10, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Received Yosemite Quarters today!!!

I havent seen any see quarters past DC. And only ONE DC coin.

I never had this kind of situation before 2009.
Forum: Coins July 19th 10, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Boston area motels -- any suggestions?

Note that there are two convention centers in Boston. Usually, when
people say "the convention center" they mean the new one by the
waterfront. Hynes convention center is always referred to as...
Forum: Coins July 17th 10, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Boston area motels -- any suggestions?

Ugh, hotels in boston are extremely overpriced. Ive seen motel rooms
go for over 300. For a MOTEL!

Inside the city itself, the cheapest always seems to be Days Inn off
storrow drive. Problem is,...
Forum: Coins June 19th 10, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Taco Bell To Promote $2 Bill

On the other hand, some people also might be apt to save what they consider
to be a radical new bill design. *Otherwise, I don't imagine many could
describe what's on the current $2 bill, even...
Forum: Coins June 19th 10, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Question on Dollar coins

On Jun 16, 12:51*pm, "Michael Benveniste" wrote:
"Bob-tx" wrote:
Since our folding money says, "Federal Reserve Note", are dollar coins and
Forum: Coins June 19th 10, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 24
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Taco Bell To Promote $2 Bill

I also immediately thought of the infamous taco bell $2 story.

The lack of use for the $2 bill simply baffles me.

For coins, the arguments actually make sense. "I dont want to carry
heavy dollar...
Forum: Coins June 8th 10, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Jass[_2_]
A bit ot - counterfeit bills

On Jun 7, 1:17*pm, Peter wrote:
On Jun 7, 3:44*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Bob-tx wrote:
From a Clark Howard newsletter

May...
Forum: Coins June 8th 10, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 26
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Dollar Coins in Normal Commerce

Theyre very common in cities with public transit, and theyre very rare
in suburbs without it.

NYC, Boston, DC etc, wherever you buy a subway ticket from a machine,
you can get dollar coins, and thus...
Forum: Coins May 16th 10, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Jass[_2_]
2010-P dimes in change

Oh, and on the bill side of things, it appears that the new 5s are
taking over more quickly than the 10s and 20s did. I do not handle
enough 50s to comment about those.
Forum: Coins May 16th 10, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Jass[_2_]
2010-P dimes in change

I got my first 2009 penny (of the illinois capital) just last week. No
2010s.

No 2009 or 2010 nickles.

I dont check dimes (date is too small for me)

Ive gotten the DC and PR quarters, but nothing...
Forum: Coins March 25th 10, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Halves still (randomly) getting confused as dollar coins

On Mar 24, 4:59*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Relayer" wrote in message

On Mar 24,...
Forum: Coins March 24th 10, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Halves still (randomly) getting confused as dollar coins

On Mar 23, 5:40*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Jass" wrote in message

I spent...
Forum: Coins March 24th 10, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 33
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Halves still (randomly) getting confused as dollar coins

I spent a half-dollar a couple of days ago at a taco bell. At this
point, I expect that every half dollar transaction will result with
the cashier assuming it's a dollar coin, but she didnt even have...
Forum: Coins March 4th 10, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 41
Posted By Jass[_2_]
US Mint February 2010 Coin Production: Dimes

Jefferson Nickel 0 0 0
Kennedy Half Dollar 1,700,000 1,800,000 3,500,000

Well, that isnt something you see every day!

Maybe it's just me, but from my anecdotal observations, less than 1%
of...
Forum: Coins February 4th 10, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 43
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Are 2008-2009 nickels scarce?

On Feb 2, 2:03*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"mazorj" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick"...
Forum: Coins February 1st 10, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 43
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Are 2008-2009 nickels scarce?

I noticed this too in change. Once in a while I get a "westward
journey" nickle, but nothing newer. I'd say 95% are pre 2004. State
quarters were extremely easy to find near release....until the...
Forum: Coins December 9th 09, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 63
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Reverse design of 2010 Sac

On Dec 6, 10:21*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Jass" wrote in message

On Dec 6,...
Forum: Coins December 7th 09, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 63
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Reverse design of 2010 Sac

On Dec 6, 9:44*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in ...

In case anyone didn't yet...
Forum: Coins October 20th 09, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Jass[_2_]
Finding Jefferson Nickels in Circulation

On Oct 19, 11:58*am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
The Giant Brain wrote:
I routinely get rolls of nickels from the bank to try and plug the
holes in my Whitman...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20