Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: William M. Klimon
Forum: Books June 2nd 08, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By William M. Klimon
Philly bookstores?

On May 29, 4:28 pm, "Evelyn C. Leeper" wrote:

I assume you've checked
http://www.geocities.com/evelynleeper/na-east.htm#philadelphia.

I note that Philadelphia Rare...
Forum: Books May 13th 08, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By William M. Klimon
16/c Convertiana

I just bought my fourth 16/c book for my Catholic convertiana
collection:

Johann Pistorius, *Christliche, erhebliche und wolfundierte Motifen*
(Cologne, 1591), on the conversion of Jakob III von...
Forum: Books May 13th 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By William M. Klimon
Field Marshal Montgomery's book signing.

On Apr 26, 6:07 pm, kiwidon wrote:
Hi,
I have just picked up a book at a local fair. "All in a Day's March"
by Belchem. It has a interesting inscription "David Belchem my
Forum: Books May 25th 07, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By William M. Klimon
Interesting Find

On May 22, 11:48 am, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:

Yesterday at a book sale I picked up this book: Enrichetta [Henrietta]
Caracciolo, Mysteries of the Neapolitan...
Forum: Books May 25th 07, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By William M. Klimon
The Power and the Glory - Graham Greene edition

On May 24, 9:31 pm, Ferris92 wrote:

Is it common for books written in English to have an American edition
and a British edition in which there are differences in text...
Forum: Books March 6th 07, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By William M. Klimon
Flatty flees eBay?

I just took a look at his site and he's now offering "limited"
editions of WE WERE SOLDIERS ONCE . . . AND YOUNG, an important book
no matter how you slice it.

Maybe this is all to the good: he's...
Forum: Books February 20th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By William M. Klimon
Group Captain Cheshire biography

On Feb 18, 5:58 pm, "kiwidon" wrote:

I have two appaent first editions (1955 Collins) of Andrew Boyle's No
Passing Glory the Cheshire biography. However the DJ are...
Forum: Books February 12th 07, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By William M. Klimon
Lloyd Library

I recall that there was a frequent poster here who was interested in
old herbals and pharmacological books. Lloyd Library and Museum, a
great collection of such books, has just revamped its website...
Forum: Books February 8th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By William M. Klimon
Notebook

On Feb 6, 6:32 pm, "Scrooge" wrote:
I found an interesting lined notebook.

Part 2
An Afternoon in a Hotel Room by John Kendrick Bangs
A complete "Jimmieboy" story I can't...
Forum: Books February 2nd 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By William M. Klimon
J.G. Nicholson

On Feb 2, 9:04 am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

The most interesting donation we've had in our charity bookshop for
a while; a small calf-bound volume of poems by...
Forum: Books January 31st 07, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 36
Posted By William M. Klimon
Shill Bidding on eBay

On Jan 31, 12:46 pm, "
wrote:

There was no confusion in the inquiry. Even though my maximum bid was
4% over the reserve price, if the shill bidding...
Forum: Books January 31st 07, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By William M. Klimon
Margaret Mead's signature

On Jan 31, 10:29 am, "RS" wrote:

Does anyone have a scan of Margaret Mead's signature?

Try this:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/ListingDetails?bi=214346007
Forum: Books January 29th 07, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By William M. Klimon
A good day buying books

On Jan 28, 12:57 am, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:

Today, for a dollar each I found:

Nicolas Freeling, Criminal Conversation, 1st ed., containing the signature of
Forum: Books December 13th 06, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By William M. Klimon
Collecting pre-1700 books on a budget

Forgot to mention one important bibliographic tool for pre-1700 books
is now online free of charge at:

http://estc.bl.uk

Cheers,

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com
Forum: Books December 13th 06, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By William M. Klimon
Collecting pre-1700 books on a budget

wrote:

I really enjoy older books, but am on a tight budget for
book-buying. I can only buy a few titles a year at less than $500 each.
I'm asking for suggestions of...
Forum: Books December 3rd 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By William M. Klimon
Book shopping with cell phone?

Doug Wood wrote:

It can be fun to mess with the ScoutPal users though. At a thrift store
last week I saw another browser using Scout Pal and sugested that he
scan a particular title I found...
Forum: Books November 23rd 06, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 16
Posted By William M. Klimon
Need help on this one.

David Wood wrote:

Thanks to all for the replies and insightful knowledge.
Especially Mr. Klimon. Your anecdotes were well worth this inquiry.
The book sold 2 days ago for $980 from a collector...
Forum: Books November 20th 06, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 16
Posted By William M. Klimon
Need help on this one.

David Wood wrote:

I run a few books on the Alibris program and would like to know where to
price this book. Usually, until I get a realistic appraisal, I put it up
around $500 but I once got...
Forum: Books November 17th 06, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 16
Posted By William M. Klimon
Need help on this one.

"Home is the Hunter" Henry Toke Munn and Elizabeth Sprigge - 1930
John Lane - The Bodely Head
Very good - No dj - Grren cloth with gold embossed lettering.
D. Wood
Otter Creek...
Forum: Books November 5th 06, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By William M. Klimon
Graham Greene bibliography?

Anyone have a Graham Greene bibliography? I have what I think is a
Taiwanese pirate edition of Greene's THE TENTH MAN. Just interested in
some more information on it.

Thanks.

William M....
Forum: Books October 4th 06, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By William M. Klimon
Staughton Lynd Unpublished Manuscript?

Bob Streeter wrote:

I have here what seems to be an unpublished typed manuscript of a book
by activist lawyer/author Staughton Lynd. I can't find any mention of
the title on ABE, Bookfinder, ...
Forum: Books October 4th 06, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Posted By William M. Klimon
Collecting the Confessions

COLLECTING THE CONFESSIONS
Selections from
the William M. Klimon Collection of St. Augustine's Confessions

The Jeanne M. Godschalx Gallery, Bush Art Center
St. Norbert College, De Pere,...
Forum: Books September 29th 06, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By William M. Klimon
Colección de Libros y Documentos Referentes a la História del Perú

Van Driessche Fabien wrote:

I am trying to find the volumes in the series: Colección de Libros y
Documentos Referentes a la História del Perú printed by Imprenta y Librería
Sanmarti. Lima...
Forum: Books September 25th 06, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By William M. Klimon
Does "rare" mean anything anymore?

Timdo99 wrote:

As an extreme example, look at the 1937 Herbert
Jenkins edition of Robert E Howard's -The Gent From Bear Creek-, of
which there were only eight known editions. A ninth copy...
Forum: Books September 25th 06, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By William M. Klimon
Does "rare" mean anything anymore?

I recently came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190032858360

What can "rare" possibly mean attached to a paperback copy of James
Clavell's SHOGUN, one of the most...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29