Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Phillipson[_2_]
Forum: Books January 1st 15, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Water damaged poster

"Susan" wrote in message

I recently found a numbered print rolled up in a poster tube. The
problem is it has...
Forum: Books August 25th 14, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Missing Number on Limited Edition Book of just 150

"dwardu" wrote in message

I bought a limited edition book of just 150 copies. The book is new and has
been...
Forum: Books May 27th 14, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Carey's Pure Pleasure

"emjay" wrote in message

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
Forum: Books December 28th 13, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Nice to see you again, Francis....

"Kitty Go Boom" wrote in message

Why don't you two lovebirds get a room and stop using this group to send
love letters to each other?

This...
Forum: Books October 24th 13, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
An Interesting Coincidence

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message

At a book sale today, I picked up two books. One is _The Wandering Jew_
by Eugene Sue, a...
Forum: Books September 18th 13, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Encyclopedia Britannica

"S. Callow" wrote in message

Cleaning out basement and found my deceased father's complete set of a
1954...
Forum: Books June 19th 13, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
A Separate Peace...John Knowles

"Weathers123" wrote in message

Now, I know that most of ICL's books aren't really worth anything.
Forum: Books June 16th 13, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Just Found

"J" wrote in message

The French seem to have a history of paperback-only books. The "lost"
Jules...
Forum: Books May 10th 13, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Book Auction

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message

A week ago, I went to a book auction in New London, Connecticut. It was of
the type they call a...
Forum: Books March 9th 13, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Remainder Marks?

"SpanishMill" wrote in message

Did publishers remainder mark paperbacks from the '50's???

I'm...
Forum: Books February 24th 13, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
1st editions vs. collector editions

"JenniferJiselle" wrote in
message ...

I am new to collecting so pardon my ignorance. I recently...
Forum: Books December 1st 12, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
What happened to rec.collecting.books?

"Hardyboys" wrote in message

I've not been here for a while and it appears to be moribund.

Too many adverts for unwanted Hardy Boys...
Forum: Books November 26th 12, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
P.D. James

"Willow Arune" wrote in message

It seems every new P.D. James book is widely distributed yet I have yet to...
Forum: Books October 6th 12, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 38
Salisbury's Library Book Sale

On 10/5/2012 6:29 PM, Francis A. Miniter wrote:

No, alcohol and books do not belong together any more than drinking and
driving. Libraries should stick to their mylar book covers as...
Forum: Books August 20th 12, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Question: best LINKS to price used books

wrote in message

What are the best links? Thanks.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SignOnPL

--
Don...
Forum: Books April 7th 12, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books

"gqstylin33" wrote in message

I have a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Knopf dated 1964 with red
Forum: Books March 17th 12, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Your La Fontaine's book

"A M" wrote in message

Hello, My name is Austin and I have that exact same copy and the exact
Forum: Books August 3rd 11, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Book Sale Find - North American History

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
. . . Reuben Gold Thwaites edited 73 volumes as The Jesuit Relations
and Allied Documents,...
Forum: Books August 1st 11, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Book Sale Find - North American History

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message

. . . the Jesuits in Canada were fanatical reporters, sending annual
Relations back to their...
Forum: Books April 9th 11, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
An Excellent Evening

On Apr 8, 8:59 pm, "Francis A. Miniter" wrote:
It was the end of the second day of the Farmington Public
Library sale in Connecticut, but still I came out with:
Anais...
Forum: Books March 20th 11, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Help on Leslie Charteris book

"J" wrote in message

Apparently one of the Leslie Charteris collections of Saint stories,
first...
Forum: Books March 2nd 11, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
17th Century German Bible

"debbie slusser" wrote in
message ...

I have a German Bible from the 17th Century and wanted to find...
Forum: Books February 28th 11, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Begin book collecting as lifetime hobby

"Jean B." wrote in message
Joe Morris wrote:
Not so long ago, HardyBoys.us wrote:
Step 1: Find book you like
Step 2: Buy it
Forum: Books January 2nd 11, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Acquittal, by Greame and Sarah Lorimer

"David Downing" wrote in message

I have been asked to read and comment on the book Acquittal,...
Forum: Books September 19th 10, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Today's Finds

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message

I had a very good day!

Staunton, The Chess-Players' Handbook, Second Edition
. ....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25