Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Canada to issue revised $5 on November 15, 2006

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 28th 06, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 1
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
George already.

Too bad eBay makes it so damn hard to report violations of their rules, or
I'd turn this guy in for offering for sale something he can't possibly own
yet.

On 10/28/06 8:58 AM, in article...
Forum: Paper Money October 28th 06, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Sudan issues new 5,000 dinar dated 2002

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 28th 06, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Bahamas issues revised $20 dated 2006

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 26th 06, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 10
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Note grading

The windowed security threads cause a lot of puckering that distorts the
shape of notes, but I've seen pretty severely distorted rectangles in notes
without the threads, too. Guess it's simply a...
Forum: Paper Money October 26th 06, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Hungary issues new 500 forint dated 2006

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 25th 06, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Comoros issues new 500 franc dated 2006

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 24th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 24th 06, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 10
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Note grading

I certainly don't want to see note grading go the way of coin grading, with
so much hair splitting over minor issues.

However, that said, centering is important to some buyers and not all notes
are...
Forum: Paper Money October 24th 06, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
United States unveils new signature $20 dated 2006

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 24th 06, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Banknotenews web site redesigned

Actually, I have to remind everyone of the stupid way that the search
function works. I think it is a mistake that the search can't be for a
partial word or phrase. My design of the site would be...
Forum: Paper Money October 24th 06, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Banknotenews web site redesigned

I encourage everyone to take a look at the newly redesigned
www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper...
Forum: Paper Money October 20th 06, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Paraguay issues new 20,000 guaranis, 2005

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 19th 06, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Kazakhstanıs new note series misspells³bank²

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 18th 06, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Comoros issues new 10,000 franc, 2006

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 18th 06, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Poland issues new 50 zlotych ³Popenote²

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 18th 06, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Sri Lanka issues new date Rs. 500, 2005

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 18th 06, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Sri Lanka issues first-ever Rs 2,000

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 17th 06, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Venezuela issues revised 50,000 bolivares, 2006

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 15th 06, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Any Gambian note experts out there?

Thanks for the info. The problem is I can't really make out the signature,
even after examining the note in question. It _could_ be the signature of
Momodou Bamba Saho, but then again, it could also...
Forum: Paper Money October 14th 06, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Any Gambian note experts out there?

Gambia recently released a whole new series of notes.

I'm trying to determine the name of the signatories. I know that Famara L.
Jatta signed as Governor, but I can't make out the name of the...
Forum: Paper Money October 12th 06, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 0
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
Latvia issues revised 5 lat, 2006

Read about this story and others at www.banknotenews.com

When you are on my site, feel free to search the archive of older stories
using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner. Use full...
Forum: Paper Money October 11th 06, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
South Koreaıs 10,000-won note remainscountryıs largest

Yes, I too found it odd that merely changing the number of zeros on a piece
of paper of fiat money would affect the real estate market. I could
understand this result if they were to devalue the...
Forum: Paper Money October 11th 06, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen Linzmayer
New details emerge in case of recent Philippines error note

If you visit www.banknotenews.com, you can use the Search field in the upper
right-hand corner to find stories of interest. Just be sure to enter a
complete keyword (i.e. "Philippines" not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53