Showing results 1 to 25 of 327
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Reid Goldsborough[_2_]
Forum: Coins February 10th 12, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
High end coins for sale

On 2/5/2012 4:34 PM, Phil DeMayo wrote:

I remember checking this a while back when Goldsborough was
auctioning off some of his miniatures and reproductions (crap) while
listing them for sale...
Forum: Coins December 31st 11, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 9
ICG Grading Service

I'm afraid you're going to get your head bitten off by those who live to
do just this. Your testimonial may be legit, or it may be "astroturfing"
-- fake, planted, or paid for in some way. You...
Forum: Coins December 14th 11, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 54
Copper Bullion

On 12/14/2011 10:41 AM, Some Guy wrote:
Reamo thinks he is a "connoisseur" and is a legend in his own mind.
I think he exhibits all the characteristics of "right man syndrome" and is
severely...
Forum: Coins December 13th 11, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 54
Copper Bullion

On 12/12/2011 10:59 PM, Some Guy wrote:
Fools' names and fools' faces are often seen in public places.

That's very clever. And it perfectly explains why you post anonymously
and why you say the...
Forum: Coins December 12th 11, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 54
Copper Bullion

On 12/12/2011 12:37 PM, Some Guy wrote:
Other things Reid find interesting:
watching paint dry
watching grass grow

I agree completely. These are the exact same kinds of activities as
looking...
Forum: Coins December 12th 11, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 54
Copper Bullion

On 12/12/2011 2:11 AM, sterrys@ no.spam.sbcglobal.net wrote:
The copper says "troy" ounce. I have seen these at shows, but have never
looked very close. Surely not troy ounce !

Agreed. As said...
Forum: Coins December 12th 11, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 54
Copper Bullion

On 12/11/2011 8:24 PM, Frank Galikanokus wrote:
Went to the monthly local coin show today and several dealers had copper
rounds and bars for sale.

Do you, or anyone, know if copper rounds, that...
Forum: Coins December 9th 11, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 54
Copper Bullion

On 12/9/2011 12:29 AM, oly wrote:
Why not spend $15 ($20 if you need a good looking slider) and get a
genuine Walking Liberty Half in an actual precious metal??? Duh.

Because I already have one...
Forum: Coins December 9th 11, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 54
Copper Bullion

On 12/1/2011 3:51 PM, Frank Galikanokus wrote:
I've been advising people to invest in copper but this is not what I had in mind.

http://www.steelcitycopper.com/store/page2.html

This doesn't...
Forum: Coins October 26th 11, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Censorship on the PCGS message boards

On 10/25/2011 11:47 PM, Nick Knight wrote:
Yeah, I saw you jumped right in, go figure.

Some people feel others are eagerly awaiting their every observation,
every opinion, every utterance. Not...
Forum: Coins July 12th 11, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 11
Coin dealer's heirs await ruling

On 7/11/2011 1:28 AM, sgt23 wrote:
I'd hate to see what would happen to the hobby of numismatics if
government wins this case. We could possibly lose a lot of our rights
as collects and be...
Forum: Coins June 25th 11, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Nadir

On 6/25/2011 9:54 AM, Jeff R. wrote:
Just ignore the idiots, and they'll get bored and go away.

Take the long view.

This is true. But only in part. There's a difference between what we're...
Forum: Coins June 25th 11, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Nadir

This is it. This is the worst this group has been, at least in the 11
years I've been following it. We're seeing the absolute worst in human
nature in all its glory, the most repugnant messaging,...
Forum: Coins June 18th 11, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Local Dealer Low Balled me on a PR70 slabbed Ike

On 6/18/2011 5:34 AM, gogu wrote:
Reid, please do not feed the racist TROLL!

If he's that, it would not at all be surprising given his other
I-hate-the-world behavior, though I don't follow...
Forum: Coins June 18th 11, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Local Dealer Low Balled me on a PR70 slabbed Ike

On 6/17/2011 3:09 PM, oly wrote:
There were millions upon millions of 1976 Eisenhowers minted just a
few years back, almost all of which are copper-nickel clads in very
close to the original...
Forum: Coins June 17th 11, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 28
Local Dealer Low Balled me on a PR70 slabbed Ike

On 6/17/2011 7:54 AM, oly wrote:
I'd agree with the gist of your comment, except that no Ike is worth
$2000 or anything close to that.

This just shows ignorance of numismatics and markets in...
Forum: Coins June 9th 11, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
History of the cent

On 6/9/2011 2:03 PM, Anka wrote:
I see you're still bloviating, Reid.

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. You complain about my
"bloviating" when I share detailed information about...
Forum: Coins May 18th 11, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Dealers: How do you handle buying back merchandise? With an example.

On 5/18/2011 5:31 AM, oly wrote:
You go, psuedo-intellectual pedophile Reamo!!! Make it all up as you
go along, Walter!!!

Perhaps you should consider more exclamation points. Obviously you...
Forum: Coins May 18th 11, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Dealers: How do you handle buying back merchandise? With an example.

On 5/17/2011 8:37 PM, oly wrote:
Thanks, I had a real nice winning scratch-off ticket today and it
bought me a whole case of LDOCP (with funds left over). I ate four or
five of them in less...
Forum: Coins May 17th 11, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Dealers: How do you handle buying back merchandise? With an example.

On 5/17/2011 8:16 AM, gogu wrote:
Don't bother with him, he will insult you even if you...agree with him:-)
To the oblivion with him I say.

It's those Little Debby "oatmeal" cookies he's...
Forum: Coins May 10th 11, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Chinese fakes intercepted at ORD

On 5/9/2011 2:58 PM, Phil DeMayo wrote:
The discussion was always about whether counterfeit coins were illegal
to possess and the "journalist" claimed more than once that
counterfeits of...
Forum: Coins May 3rd 11, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
One ugly (holed) 1947 Canadian cent

On 5/2/2011 6:49 PM, Duh_OZ wrote:
I*think* it was lost at a farm stand. Some old timer told me there
was an orchard and farm stand in the general location and I also found
a standing Lib,...
Forum: Coins May 2nd 11, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 46
I believe Obama is lying again about the capture & death of binLaden.

Anybody reading this whose online experience is greater that 6 seconds
can no doubt see that it's a troll post. You'd be hard pressed to
construct a lamer and more transparent troll post if you...
Forum: Coins May 2nd 11, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
One ugly (holed) 1947 Canadian cent

On 5/1/2011 7:35 PM, oly wrote:
It would probably fit nicely in the "acquired" cent collection of
someone who shall not be named here.

Since you're referring to me here, let me point out that...
Forum: Coins April 29th 11, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
History of the cent

On 4/29/2011 12:22 AM, Jerry Dennis wrote:
* Lincoln memorial zinc-coated steel cent, 1943
snipage

I want one of those!

I liked your first post better, pure snipage. I can sell you my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 327